Re: "Gain knowledge from an elder" quest can't be completed.

by Fuzzernutter

Original Post

★ Expert

EA help won't be able to do anything. The developers would have to fix it if it's a bug 

I don't know if it is a bug or the game is designed to only let you do 3 teaching or mentoring actions per day. This could be the issue

Lets ask @Phantomlover1717. Does EA have a capon how many teaching moments or elder mentoring per day? I notice I can only do 3 per day even if I have more than 3 that I can do teaching or mentoring with 

Message 11 of 29 (1,663 Views)

I don't have the quest myself, could you tell me what is written underneath the little '?' when you look at the quest?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 12 of 29 (1,653 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It says:

Message 13 of 29 (1,649 Views)

This is what you're looking for: 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/How-do-I-do-family-events-with-elder-sims/m-p/6792860#M37...

It could be the events are capped, but I'm not sure if they are. 
Luckily there isn't a time limit on it so you can have some time to figure it out. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 14 of 29 (1,640 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

So there is no a clear answer lol maybe I will just wait longer and see if anything pops up Frown thanks anyway!

Message 15 of 29 (1,635 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
So I have contacted the technical support of EA and the staff said the only solution they can provide is to roll back to the date when I retired the sim. But I got so much progress after I retired my sim and I don’t wanna lose the data so I turn down this suggestion.

Do you guys know if I choose to not roll back, is it only the sim I retired will not pass down a heirloom thru mentoring, or other sims i retire in the future won’t be able to mentor neither?

I asked the staff the above question but the staff said I better ask in the forum for answer lol
Message 16 of 29 (1,622 Views)

★ Expert

I think there is a cap of only 3 events per day to earn heirloom tickets. If you have a retired sim plus 3 children only 3 out of the 4 events will show up. If you have more sims than the game's limit of events it may happen with other retired sims. I have had 2 retired sims and 3 kids and only got 3 events per day. The kid events will show up before the retired events. 

@Phantomlover1717 I have noticed only 3 events per day . I believe there is a cap. I hope EA staff posts back and lets us know if this is a bug or a 3 event cap per day 

Message 17 of 29 (1,609 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
So today one of my three children sim has become an adult. I will see if tmr morning the mentoring option will pop up or not, if not then there is not the 3 cap problem, if so then it is. I will let u guys know the result Standard smile
Message 18 of 29 (1,598 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

So today the bubble finally pops up, but when I clicked in it’s just normal events there is no mentoring options. Even I finished the regular chaptet option and see if the mentoring option would come but still no.  Don’t know if it is because The 3 cap thingy or not coz i have done 3 already today.

Message 19 of 29 (1,564 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

I still there is a 3 event limit. I only have two kids in the house right now. I got 3 events this morning with two kids. My first kid was a toddler, the second baby. I did the toddler and the baby mentoring. Right after I did the baby, a cake popped up for him and I got a new mentoring event. Now I have two toddlers

Message 20 of 29 (22,045 Views)