Re: "Explore The Night" Scenario: The "Move In" Option Does

by daikoyu

Original Post

"Explore The Night" Scenario: The "Move In" Option Does Not Appear

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? The newest version.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None, except for the free Holiday Pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By playing the "Explore The Night" Scenario, and attempting to complete the "Befriend a Ghost and Ask then to move in" Task.
What happens when the bug occurs? After befriending the ghost, the "Ask To Move In" option does not allow you select it or will not show up at all.
What do you expect to see? The option to be available the select.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

When playing this scenario, I tried to do the "Befriend the ghost" task, however once the ghost appeared, the "Ask to Move In" option wouldn't be available for me to select. And others have reported on a forum I made that the option wouldn't show up at all, even when having a full friend bar.

Now, I will admit, I cheated a little...lol. I used the relationship cheat before the Sim became a ghost, so when they appeared in the house as a ghost, we already had a practically full friend bar. However, the option showed up for me, but it was greyed out and said that I "Need a better friendship". Does anybody know what could be the problem?

Message 1 of 11 (872 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Are you sure its not your mods? I tried to reproduce this bug in a mod free game only with Base Game and Holiday Pack.

My sim Aerith don’t had any issue with invite a ghost and finish this scenario (The Ghost step was. exhausting. . I disable all NS options except dying and in the end, I needed to trap a sim for it because NS don’t wanted to kill any sim in 6 days)

I just spammed the take photo option 4x and then I could invite the ghost (screen 1), screen 2 is finish the scenario without problem.  I don’t used any console commands in my test run. // My game is german, but the langue should not make a matter in this case 

Message 2 of 11 (847 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@daikoyu Hm, I suppose it could be my mods. But, most of the Mods that I have are Custom Content Mods, and a few small Script Mods. Could they really make that much of a difference? Also, I've never had this problem with any other scenario either 😮

Message 3 of 11 (813 Views)

Hero
@RaiinbowG Yes, please try without mods. I didn't realize you were using mods when I told you to report in the bug forum (sorry about that).

All bugs reported here must be tested on a modless game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (790 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@crinrict Ohh, I see. Ok then, I'll test it w/o mods and see if the problems still persists. Thank u for clearing that up for me Embarrassed

Message 5 of 11 (778 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@crinrict As for this issue, with Mods now removed, I tried to first do the Ghost Task again in my original save file I had. And the "Ask to Move In" option was still not available for me to select.

I then tried again in a different save, and unfortunately, the same problem persisted. Despite having a high friendship level, the "Ask to Move In" option was also still not available for me to select. Frown

Message 6 of 11 (717 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@RaiinbowG  My sim had to become BFFS with the ghost before the option to ask to move in appeared.  Have you tried that? My sim met the ghost at ghost night.

Best regards,

Jennifer

Message 7 of 11 (708 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@MapleSimmer Ohh, no I haven't tried becoming Bffs, since it only said to just "befriend" the ghost Embarrassed Although, I don't rly know what "Ghost Night" is...🤔 I'll try to become Bffs, and see if that helps Standard smile

Message 8 of 11 (702 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@RaiinbowG If you have Get Together there will be different nights for different types of sims, if you meet the requirements the sim gets a discount and it tends to attract that type of sim. One of the bar night types is ghost nights.

Best regards,

Jennifer

Message 9 of 11 (684 Views)

★★★ Pro

Your friendship is too low. You need almost a friendship of 100% that you can ask a ghost to move in. This is a vanilla design.

James Turner has a let’s play “I stayed up for 5 days with this sims 4 update” by 26:21 he goes in detail what you need for a ghost.

Message 10 of 11 (662 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help