Product: Madden NFL 20
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which console generation do you have? XBOX One
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? JThind
Date/time issue occurred 8/4/19 at 2:10am
What type of issue do you have? Crash/Freeze
Which mode has this happened in? Franchise Mode
Which part of the mode? Offline
Summarize your bug I've played 5 games so far. This is the second time that the game went into an "end" period after time expired in the 4th quarter. Basically, I simulated to the end of the game and saw the clock hit 0:00. Then, the "4th" quarter part of the scoreboard started saying "End" with the time saying "0:00" still and the other team has the ball but won't snap it. I cannot get the game to end. Even if I cause an offside to break the current play, they just line right back up and won't snap it. Again, there's no play clock or game clock and the period just says "end." This specific time, I kicked a game winning FG as time expired. After I made it, the game automatically went into the sim screen (Bc I play offense only) even though the game ended. Then I left the sim screen to find myself in the "End" sequence described above. Maybe the game going to the sim screen despite the game being over is what caused this bug.
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I guess just play several games and simulate to the end of the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? I've played 5 games so far. This is the second time that the game went into an "end" period after time expired in the 4th quarter. Basically, I simulated to the end of the game and saw the clock hit 0:00. Then, the "4th" quarter part of the scoreboard started saying "End" with the time saying "0:00" still and the other team has the ball but won't snap it. I cannot get the game to end. Even if I cause an offside to break the current play, they just line right back up and won't snap it. Again, there's no play clock or game clock and the period just says "end." This specific time, I kicked a game winning FG as time expired. After I made it, the game automatically went into the sim screen (Bc I play offense only) even though the game ended. Then I left the sim screen to find myself in the "End" sequence described above. Maybe the game going to the sim screen despite the game being over is what caused this bug.
What do you expect to see? I expect the game to end properly and exit the game without losing progress.
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here. n/a
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? Idk
Enter RAM memory size in GB Idk

See image.

Message 1 of 20 (8,913 Views)

Re: "End" glitch in Madden 20

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

This also just happened to me on PlayStation 4.

The similarities include that I kicked a field goal (which missed) as time expired + the game attempted to simulate a next play (I was playing on offense-only, so the simulation attempt was automatic).

Nothing seemed to be able to break it free. I tried jumping offside, calling a timeout, re-initiating Super Sim (it just hangs without accomplishing anything).

Message 2 of 20 (8,890 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just happened to me. Key moments sim, took ball with 3 minutes in 4th and I ran clock out then game went back into key moments sim screen even though game was over. Exited out screen opposing qb wouldn't snap. Tried everything 

Message 3 of 20 (8,822 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

It’s a joke that you guys can’t get this right. Supersim has been around for a while and you clowns have the game glitching and it hasn’t been patched yet. Year after year you manage to screw this game up. It’s a shame that EA has exclusive rights to NFL games. Fix this problem!!!! I downloaded an update thinking it would fix this bug today, and obviously that wasn’t the case 

Message 4 of 20 (8,705 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Yup, happening to me here lately. If I recall it's only if the end of the game is in sim, but im not 100 percent on that. Just updated as well and first game did it.

Message 5 of 20 (8,556 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same thing here on ps4. I kicked a field goal as time expired and it went to the sim screen. I also tried a penalty which was no help at all. 

Message 6 of 20 (8,490 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@StealthFighterJ Same exact situation...this used to happen sometimes in overtime now you can’t finish ANY game...what a joke EA
Message 7 of 20 (8,423 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Happens to me multiple times while simulating or entering super sim at the end of a game on PS4.

It also tells you it's overtime even though I should have won the game.

The timer tells "end" and the play clock isn't moving anymore. 

No change wether I play after that, simultated in fast, normal or in slow mode. Also timeouts, fouls, or skipping in simulation doesn't change anything.

The game just won't end. This happens the third time in the last 10 games I have played/simulated...

Message 8 of 20 (8,391 Views)

★★★ Newbie

a work around for now is stop simming  with a few minutes left in the 4th and turn off autosim.

Message 9 of 20 (8,276 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem, offence only. Ended the game on a field goal as time expired, the sim screen came back up, game didn’t end.

Message 10 of 20 (8,041 Views)