Highlighted

"Connection Problem" - Error retrieving Anthem live service data [Xbox One]

★★ Novice

Product: Anthem
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One X
Please select your region Australia
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Title screen, when pressing A to "resume"
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Perpetually for 2 and a half days
Summarize your bug Cannot load into Anthem past title screen. When pressing A to resume game, game will load, once load bar is about 2/3 complete, game returns to EA/Frostbite cinematic screen, with a message header "Connection Problem" with description "Error retrieving Anthem live service data" 1 in 10 times, this is accompanied with a message "Connection lost with EA servers, please check your internet connection" or something of the like
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? As above
What happens when the bug occurs? Game crashes to loading screen
What should be happening instead? Being able to actually play the game!

Connection 

Message 1 of 96 (8,011 Views)

Re: "Connection Problem" - Error retrieving Anthem live service data [

★★★★ Novice

I have the exact same issue, except on PS4. Occasionally it will connect and then fail at the 2/3 point with message stating failed to retrieve pilot data. Game had been working up until 2 nights ago. It crashed while in the mission complete, where you get rewards. The crashes agin in free play also in rewards, and then hasn’t been able to log back in since, throwing either service retrieval failure or pilot data retrieval error

Message 2 of 96 (8,001 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Hi

Did you get your issue resolved in the end as I'm having the same problem Xbox One

Message 3 of 96 (7,956 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Newbie

I dont know if this will help but I unplugged my Xbox and router and for for a bit . Then I was able to launch my game just now.

Message 4 of 96 (7,946 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

I’m having the same problem over and over again. I’m honestly getting tired not even being able to finish a mission and see how much exp I got cause it kicks me out. 

Message 5 of 96 (7,947 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I habe the same problem on my ps4...I dont know what to do its annoing

Message 6 of 96 (7,914 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Tr33cky wrote:

I’m having the same problem over and over again. I’m honestly getting tired not even being able to finish a mission and see how much exp I got cause it kicks me out. 

I have the same problem on my ps4...I dont know what to do its annoing

Message 7 of 96 (7,911 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is one of the many connection issues I have with this game ( and this game only). Finally got into 2 expeditions. No loot for either one though. After the first one I made it back to the fort, to have the game tell me I am level 1, and the 2 blues and multiple greens I had in the previous mission nowhere to be found. It let me launch out to freeplay, killed some guys, got 3 drops, including one more blue, tried going back to the fort, kicked at the mission results screen. I have not received loot from the last 6 missions I've played, which itself is a chore because the game has connection issues 99% of the time for me. 

Message 8 of 96 (7,907 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Got back to running!

i spent a night doing debug, and then spent 45 mins on the phone with EA support and they got me running. 

I did did a lot of steps. 

- completely uninstalled the Alpha, Beta , and production Anthem

- went into system storage and removed all saved data for all of those apps too

- tried the PS4 cache flush (but I had the wrong method) turning off system for 30 sec and then booting holding R1+L1

- re-installed Anthem

- launched. Still failed with 4445 error repaatedly

- did correct cache flush (thanks EA support). Powered off PS4, disconnected power cord. Waited for 2 full minutes. Powered back on

When I booted again and launched Anthem, I got to the fort with no issues. Launched into free play. This took quite a while. I think it was building out local data again since I had basically wiped everything. Killed 1 beast and exited freeplay. On rewards screen I had a full screen of loot. I’m assuming this was all the stuff I could never get before because my initial failure before the 4445 was that the game crashed at mission end a few times. I had also gained 2 levels. 

Message 9 of 96 (7,888 Views)

★★★★ Novice

28.02.2019 yet another update, the game is still unplayable. Errors when retrieving live service data/pilot data still appear. Thank god division 2 is only two week ahead. Such a shame and absolute lack of respect for the players to release the game in this state. Well done ea/devs

Message 10 of 96 (7,798 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help