Re: "Check in at Park" not progressable

by Lulabellexd

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

I've used the home world parks. I haven't had time to play the game as long as it would take to check every other park in the game to see what works but that's what I'll do next time I can. It's still really frustrating that it doesn't work the way it's supposed to, which should just be any park.

Message 11 of 16 (1,387 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Well, perhaps this is a legitimate bug for you.  I know I have successfully done this at both Pupperstone Park and Myshuno Meadows, and my friend has successfully done it at Magnolia Blossom park in Willow Creek. 

If you're not averse to mods and cheating, you can use the UI Cheats Extension to mark the task complete whenever you get it.  I've resorted to that for my mermaid conservationist whenever she's assigned the "snorkel" task.  If you're unwilling to use a mod and your Sim has enough satisfaction points, they can buy "Professional Slacker" and just not take the performance hit (but still not get paid) when they fail to complete the task.  (If you're not willing to use a mod but are willing to cheat, you can cheat them enough satisfaction points to buy it.) 

I would not spend all day in the park, either.  I would show up, invite a friend, discuss fashion with them, and, if it failed to complete in a park where other people have successfully completed the task, maybe try one other park before giving my Sim something better to do with their time.  (Sorry, that kind of stinks, but you know, you did your best.)  My feeling on cheats is that I should legitimately do my Sims' work assignments, etc., but if it bugs out cheating is perfectly fine. 

(Like, last night my Actress was assigned the task "get into hair and makeup" but no makeup person ever showed up and the chair was unclickable.  Should her job performance go down because the game bugged out?  I don't think so.  I paused and searched the lot for a makeup person, tried to click the chair a million times, etc., and finally just used UI Cheats to mark that task done.)

There are a lot of things I really like about this career--the various high-level skill requirements, work from home, being able to fix horribly dressed townies, etc.--but there are also poorly phrased and buggy things about it, too.

I wish I could do more to help--I know how frustrating it is--but I'm just another player and don't work for EA.

Message 12 of 16 (1,372 Views)

★ Apprentice

Discussion fashion is the only interaction that seems to count with the Check-in options

Message 13 of 16 (1,294 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@justjesse16 Give someone a make over
Message 14 of 16 (1,026 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thank you! This worked for me

Message 15 of 16 (901 Views)

Community Manager

Hello All,

If any of you are still encountering this on the latest game version (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

Thanks!

EACade
Message 16 of 16 (30 Views)