Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] "Check in at Park" not progressable

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco Lifestyle, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Nifty Knitting, Laundry Day, Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the Stylist branch of the Style Influencer career, and work from home, to receive the "Check in at park" task.
What happens when the bug occurs? None of the stylist interactions at the park complete the task, so it's impossible for my sim to progress on their career every time this task shows up in the Work From Home tasks.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to use the stylist social interactions on sims after asking to see their Athletic outfit, and have the task show up as completed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I like playing the stylist career and working from home, however this issue keeps getting in the way of my sim progressing. Whenever they get the "Check in at park" task, nothing I do works to make it mark off as completed. I ask to see their athletic outfits, and then use the stylist social interactions, but no matter what I do, the task never gets completed.

Message 1 of 16 (38,776 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Re: "Check in at Park" not progressable

Hero
@justjesse16 Did you test multiple parks ? It seems a bit wonky what you need to do. Here's a long thread on the issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Check-In-at-Museum-for-Work-From-Home-Style-In...

Did you use the discuss interactions ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 16 (38,730 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Hero
@justjesse16 Did you test multiple parks ? It seems a bit wonky what you need to do. Here's a long thread on the issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Check-In-at-Museum-for-Work-From-Home-Style-In...

Did you use the discuss interactions ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (38,731 Views)

Hero
@justjesse16 Did you have any luck solving this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 16 (38,688 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi,

so no, I've not had luck. I've used a lot of the discuss interactions, starting early in the morning, and trying until its night time for the sim, like past midnight, to no effect. I haven't had the chance to test all the different parks yet because I've been busy at work, but that's what I was going to see next. I just wish this feature worked as described right out of the gate.

Message 4 of 16 (38,678 Views)

Hero
@justjesse16 Let me know what you find with other parks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 16 (38,675 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

This is a cool and fun career in many ways, but a lot of the tasks are poorly worded. 

You need to send your Stylist Sim to the park and then have them do a stylist social interaction.  I've only gotten "discuss fashion" to work, but other people online when I had this problem suggested interviewing someone, etc.  It sounds like you've tried a lot of the stylist interactions, but... "discuss fashion" usually works for me.

Message 6 of 16 (38,657 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah, I've tried all of those, and none of it has worked.

Message 7 of 16 (38,644 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Wow, okay, yeah.

So, that thread says that the park needs to be in your home world?  I may have always done that by accident.

I've played more than one, and when I get that task what I usually do is take my Stylist and one of their household members to the park in the same world where they live and then discuss outfits with them.  That usually works for me. 

The first time I got it I was super frustrated and had to ask my friend who loves this career and plays it all the time.  I'll see if I can get her to pop in.

Message 8 of 16 (38,634 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

We're chatting...

I've managed to complete it with "discuss fashion" at Pupperstone Park and Myshuno Meadows (Myshuno Meadows is always abandoned but I brought her husband).  She says that her custom park doesn't work and she has to go to Magnolia Blossom park in Willow Creek, but it works for her there.  (Her Sim lives in Newcrest.)

Which park are you going to?  It sounds like it only works in certain parks.  Try the large base game parks, or Pupperstone.

Message 9 of 16 (38,610 Views)

★ Guide

The park you're using is one with the lot type "Park" not "National Park" or something, right?

It's been a while since I've had to do check-ins, but I know I tried to send mine to a custom park I have in my main neighborhood with the type National Park and it wouldn't work, but when I sent him to the park in Willow Creek, it did. 

Message 10 of 16 (38,610 Views)