Re: "Can't find object" when changing floor height

by helka-exe

Original Post

"Can't find object" when changing floor height

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.93.129.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? snowy escape, cottage living, eco living, island living, get famous, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get together, werewolves, realm of magic, vampires, outdoor retreat, tiny living, moschino, laundry day, get to work, dream home decorator, perfect patio stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Change wall height on Bailey Moon Manor lot
What happens when the bug occurs? Wall height doesn't change, error "Can't find object" comes up in red box. Only happens on my Bailey Moon manor lot with full household and all their items, not on empty lot. When changing ground floor it comes up with message "Can't place terrain pool under anything" and if I delete pool and pond it says same as other floors "Can't find object"
What do you expect to see? Room height changes as usual without error message
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I downloaded update for Sims 4 today and as soon as game was ready and I started building bug started happening. Worked fine yesterday and earlier today when playing before update

I tried bulldozing and replacing from gallery but bug remains, i tried with sims in and with sims out of the house no difference.

Message 1 of 2 (647 Views)

Re: "Can't find object" when changing floor height

★★★ Novice

I found out the game was trying to store a modular shelf that came with home decorator pack with all my collectibles on it to household inventory and failed. I stored all shelves with collectibles on them and tried again and fixed it temporarily. Now all floors can change height again, not sure if it breaks again if i rebuild the shelf though... I will leave this here for others having same issue

Message 2 of 2 (634 Views)