Re: platforms & half wall trims disappear when visiting lot

by neuroticmonk017

Original Post

platforms & half wall trims disappear when visiting lot

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.57.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? eco lifestyle, discover university, get famous, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get together, get to work; realm of magic, strangerville, jungle adventure, vampires, dine out; nifty knitting, tiny living; moschino, laundry day, toddler, vintage glamour, romantic garden, movie hangout, spooky, perfect patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? place a residential lot that uses platforms and half walls (not necessarily together). visit the lot with a sim who lives elsewhere and look where the platforms and half walls should be.
What happens when the bug occurs? half wall trims disappear and platforms without half walls create a visual glitch (see attached images)
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the half wall trims and platforms as I placed them
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. platform and half wall update

So far, I've only experienced this bug on residential lots that my active sims don't own, but it might be happening elsewhere. Tested on an unmodded save.

Message 1 of 3 (700 Views)

★★ Novice

Im having the same problem after the update.  If i let my sims visit residential lots with platforms they all dissappear . This dosen't happen on public lots though.  

Message 2 of 3 (657 Views)

★ Guide
this bug is still happening as of this month's patch (Jan 22 2021). when visiting another residential lot, platforms disappear and cause a visual glitch.
Message 3 of 3 (595 Views)