pets aging

by DCAtje

Original Post

pets aging

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.80.69.1030 (64bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? city living, island living, cats&dogs, seasons, dream home decorator, bust the dust kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? have kittens or puppies
What happens when the bug occurs? pets don't age up as they would normaly, it takes them way longer as is suposed too. When they age up they age up to adult and directly after that, they'll age up to elder
What do you expect to see? for pets to age up correctly, from puppy/kitten to adult dog/cat
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

So I adopted a kitten and a puppy...I waited verry long for them to age up, I even looked up how long it normaly takes and it took almost three times more than it should normaly. The puppy finnaly aged up to adult, but right after that he aged up to an elder dog.  the kitten did the same thing the day after, also first to an adult cat, and right after to an elder.

Message 1 of 3 (357 Views)

Re: pets aging

[ Edited ]
Hero

@DCAtje What age settings do you have ? If you have it on long, it can take a while until they age up.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (325 Views)

Re: pets aging

★★★★ Pro

There was a bug that (adopted) pets didn't age, but that has been fixed. I watched it closely after adopting a cat in my current game and everything worked as intended. Perhaps starting a new save will solve the problem. If pets don't age you can also do it manually with a treat from the vet clinic.

Message 3 of 3 (290 Views)