by FinalBossNyuma

Original Post

moveobjects not working

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, Get Together, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Get to Work, Eco Lifestyle, Seasons, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Spa Day, Dine Out, Laundry Day, Kids Room Stuff, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party, Movie Hangout
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use moveobjects cheat and try to place an item close to another on a counter top, shelf, or even just in the room on the floor like a piece of furniture or standalone plant.
What happens when the bug occurs? The item disappears and a red box appears saying "cannot intersect other objects", although it doesn't turn red like when you don't have moveobjects on, it just disappears and says it.
What do you expect to see? Items can normally be placed pretty much infinitely near each other with the bb.moveobjects cheat on.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

n/a

Message 1 of 35 (3,191 Views)

Re: moveobjects not working

★★ Pro
@sunstarsims Moveobjects doesn't usually allow alt-placement on countertops, shelves, etc. that have snap points. Stuff will still snap on those.

Only way to get free placement is to move countertops, shelves, etc. out of the way and alt-place the objects you want where you want, then put countertops, shelves, etc. back.
Message 2 of 35 (3,175 Views)

★★★ Novice

It isn't just countertops and shelves, it's anywhere in a room. Should have mentioned that in the original. 

Message 3 of 35 (3,162 Views)

★★ Pro
@sunstarsims I'm sorry. Haven't encountered that before.

Were there any platforms involved? I know, but they can be weird sometimes.
Message 4 of 35 (3,155 Views)

★★★ Novice

No, no platforms, it seems to happen in every lot as well, wherever I build and whatever onFrown

Message 5 of 35 (3,120 Views)

★★ Pro
@sunstarsims Wow! That's not right!

Have you tried exiting the game and coming back to it? And if that doesn't do it, maybe try repairing the game through Origin.
Message 6 of 35 (3,101 Views)

Hero

@sunstarsims 

As @stjmk said, that is not right. But it does sound like the same issue that deleted platforms cause.  So maybe the workaround that is used for that will work for you.

Try saving the lot to your library.  Then bulldoze the lot and replace the build with the copy from your library.

You could also try shutting the game down and restarting.  While you are shut down, delete the localthumbcache file too.  That sometimes fixes problems.

Hope this helps.

Message 7 of 35 (3,084 Views)

★ Guide

@sunstarsims I’m also experiencing this on console since a recent update & was wondering if my game was glitching or if, due to the new window placement feature &/or the inclusion of platforms, bb.moveobjects had been intentionally nerfed. I’d previously had no issues whatsoever with moving a counter(s) out of the way to avoid the placement snapping, then raising my desired objects to counter-level & having them in very close proximity to each other - such as putting a soap dispenser or toothbrush from the showliveedit menu right next to or directly onto where a sink would be - & then replacing the counter(s). I can no longer do that now.

Not to mention that also, just exactly as you’ve said & countertops aside, any items placed with bb.moveobjects in general are now extremely sensitive to other nearby objects as well as lot editing. I’ve had things such as exterior columns & flower boxes outside a home disappear & unable to be replaced due to mundane objects that were on the opposite side of the wall, inside of the home. So now I must be careful to determine build layouts & wall paints before furnishing & cluttering, because if I do the latter first with bb.moveobjects enabled & then decide to make any changes to the former afterward, a quarter to half of all my thoughtfully placed furnishings & decorations will disappear.

Message 8 of 35 (3,067 Views)

★★★ Novice

@FinalBossNyuma 

This is EXACTLY what happens to me, too! You've just described it in even more detail than I did. And it definitely did used to work to put items on a shelf/surface as close as you wanted by just raising the item up. But now they're just so sensitive to nearby items, it is so weird. bb.moveobjects used to make it possible to literally place any item anywhere, even if it made no sense to place it there! Large smile

And you're right, it has appeared like they've intentionally made bb.moveobjects pretty useless, but I don't know why they would do that?

It has been happening since the last update too, interesting to know it's not just on PC. Very strange!

Message 9 of 35 (3,057 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@CGrant56 Thank you, I have tried shutting down and restarting game but I'll try clearing the cache and doing the thing with the lot!

Message 10 of 35 (3,056 Views)