missing geotb rewards

★★★ Newbie

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Phone
OS Version iOS
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 252-915-159
What type of issue do you have? Missing Rewards
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Summarize your bug I played the majority of the GeoTB and didn't receive my rewards from my previous guild, after being unable to log on for the weekend, so I didn't receive any rewards that my guild received (wat shards, GET or GeoGET, crystals, gear) ref # 51887861
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? samsung s7
OS Version android
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 252-915-159
What type of issue do you have? Missing Rewards 
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Summarize your bug I played the majority of the GeoTB and didn't receive my rewards from my previous guild, after being unable to log on for the weekend, so I didn't receive any rewards that my guild received (wat shards, GET or GeoGET, crystals, gear) ref #51887861

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region South America
Country Colombia

Message 1 of 4 (275 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: missing geotb rewards

@TomSchiltz I completely agree with you. I even created a forum post complaining about this exact situation over a year ago. However, it didn't generate enough interest to become a dev priority.

Right now, the game doesn't generate a TB reward mail at the end of the TB. Instead, it waits until the first time you login after the TB ends. The server then checks to see what guild you are in, and delivers the rewards that guild earned. Since you were removed from the guild before claiming the rewards, when the server went to check which rewards you earned, it saw you weren't in a guild and therefore you get no rewards.

I don't know if EA customer support has changed their position On this issue, but historically they have not provided the TB rewards. If you put in a ticket for "missing content", you might be able to convince a CS rep to give you some crystals as compensation.

In the future, I recommend logging in as soon as possible after a guild event ends to claim rewards, especially if you believe the officers might remove you.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (243 Views)

All Replies

@TomSchiltz Hi, thanks for the report! Were you removed from the guild? If so, the timing of the TB, your removal, and your logging into the game can impact your eligibility for rewards.

If you were removed, can you share when? Unfortunately, if you were removed from the guild before the end of the TB (or before logging in after the TB to collect rewards) then you are ineligible for rewards.

★★★ Newbie

I was removed after the TB event was over but before I could login to collect as I was still not within wifi range. As far as being ineligible to receive my rewards, I feel like since I was able to participate in the event I should get my rewards, no matter of when my removal was. I was in a guild that completed an event, was removed after, so I should still get my rewards. Doesn't make sense that my rewards are predicated on my staying in that guild. If you could point me in the right direction, that'd be great.

Thank you

Message 3 of 4 (254 Views)

@TomSchiltz I completely agree with you. I even created a forum post complaining about this exact situation over a year ago. However, it didn't generate enough interest to become a dev priority.

Right now, the game doesn't generate a TB reward mail at the end of the TB. Instead, it waits until the first time you login after the TB ends. The server then checks to see what guild you are in, and delivers the rewards that guild earned. Since you were removed from the guild before claiming the rewards, when the server went to check which rewards you earned, it saw you weren't in a guild and therefore you get no rewards.

I don't know if EA customer support has changed their position On this issue, but historically they have not provided the TB rewards. If you put in a ticket for "missing content", you might be able to convince a CS rep to give you some crystals as compensation.

In the future, I recommend logging in as soon as possible after a guild event ends to claim rewards, especially if you believe the officers might remove you.