★★★★ Novice

Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 1070
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Challenges -> Gear -> Ranger
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) any time (refer to dates and times on posts)
Summarize your bug Masterwork and legendary versions of gear ("explosive blaze - upgraded inferno grenade" for example) do not count for the challenges for the regular version of the gear. Please refer to the two screenshots for one example. As you can see, while I have completed the "Explosive Blaze" challenge, I have no progress for the "Inferno Grenade" challenge, even though "Explosive Blaze" is simply the more powerful masterwork/legendary version of the Inferno Grenade. If you have this issue with your own gear, please add your examples to help illustrate that the issue is not specific to any one piece of gear - rather, I believe this bug report is applicable to *all* gear.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use this gear yourself. Again, I believe you could use any gear on any javelin. The issue is definitely present on other ranger gear, I just don't feel like adding them all myself.
What happens when the bug occurs? refer to summary
What should be happening instead? Masterwork and legendary versions of gear should count for the regular challenges. Please don't force people to downgrade their gear to complete challenges. Very frustrating.

Explosive Blaze complete:

masterwork.jpg

Inferno Grenade incomplete:

regular.jpg

For good measure, here is another screenshot that illustrates that the issue has an impact beyond any one particular gear challenge. This challenge tracks the "regular" challenges, so again, I would have to downgrade my gear to complete it, even though I am lucky (or addicted lol Wink) enough to have all of the legendary grenades.

set challenge.jpg

Message 1 of 2 (63 Views)
Highlighted

Re: masterwork and legendary versions of gear do not count for gear challenges

★★★★ Novice

Just so this is absolutely crystal clear Wink

proof.jpg

"Upgraded Inferno Grenade" but doesn't count. RIP

Message 2 of 2 (59 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help