llama

by steffiBM

Original Post

llama

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
I want to talk about something you don't mention above: my game keeps showing red crosses and llamas over objects, hair styles, houses to buy, actions, and pre decorated room sections if click on the llama it exists my games and i have to start all over again i never had problem like this with sims 3 whats happening how do i solve it
How accessible is the current experience? I can use parts of it
Summarize what in the product is difficult to use. nearly everything as i can see what I'm clicking because of the crosses and i cant click anything with llama cause it exits my game,
How is this making it more difficult? i can see anything I'm chossing
How can we reproduce this experience? fix all bugs and make it easier to fix manualy

i need help!!! please someone help me change it back or fix it its stressing me out i cant play my game at all. 

Message 1 of 2 (642 Views)

Re: llama

Hero (Retired)
@steffiBM

Go to the Sims4 folder - Documents / Electronic Arts / The Sims4. Inside the folder, find the Config file - a text document. Open it and at the top, you will find the number of the game version. Write this number here.

If you have any mods move the mods folder to the desktop.
Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder and fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library -right click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder. Check if a game is working now without mods.
Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods every time checking if the game is OK. Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one) You need to find a culprit and either remove it or replace it with an updated version

If you don't have CC or mods delete this file and fix the game also. The game will create the same new file but without saved errors.
If it does not work then try doing a factory reset as described in this post:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 2 (240 Views)