joysticks don't work

by skipperlipicus

Original Post

Re: joysticks don't work

★★★★★ Newbie

This a joke, a very unfunny one!

Seriously EA did you not think that PC gamers would want JS support?

Just because console peasants don't have their choice of control options there is no need to penalize us pc gamers who wish to use the correct controls for aircraft.

"i want to fly with a controller over a joystick" SAID NOBODY, EVER!

Wake up and fix it EA...

This is my first BF since bf2,I was wary because because i wondered if the game had gone away from its roots and pandering to the simpletons. I wasn't far of either from re-genning health, far too many automatic weapons(i play freaking ww2 fps that have far less full auto  or even semi auto weapons than this!),no 3rd party server hosts and lack of proper controller support.Feels just like stupid COD, really lost its way since the brilliant 1942 and nearly as good bf2.

Message 11 of 25 (1,514 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've been playing Battlefield games on PC since 1942! They all had joystick support. I flew them with HOTAS. Took some tweaking in some of the games to get throttle to play nice, but the sticks always worked out of the box. But BF1 with no joystick support isn't just an oversight, it feels like DICE is sweeping this under the rug and hoping no one will notice. Patch it in soon, please.

Message 12 of 25 (1,498 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Unbelievable how they can ignore us PC owners and try to convert us to console jockeys.

EA/Dice wont get my money. And a warning to others before they buy this console game. DONT.. there is no JS support!

Message 13 of 25 (1,496 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

what about players that don't have the use of both hands make playing a ball ache

Message 14 of 25 (1,441 Views)

★★★ Novice

At the very least it is in the pipeline to be implemented. With that said, it makes me question the quality of the initial release.

Message 15 of 25 (1,432 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It can't be a big deal, can it? 

It's not like they need to write new code or anything, is it? 

It just boggles the mind ...

Message 16 of 25 (1,421 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just bought the expensive version... and found out the game doesnt support my thrustmaster joystick setup. Where can I get a refund?

Message 17 of 25 (1,385 Views)

Community Manager

@lapwing_ROF

You can check our refund and warranty policies here:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/electronic-arts-warranty-policy

barry.png
Message 18 of 25 (1,374 Views)

★★ Novice

Once you do implement joystick support, please allow for multiple controllers.

The Warthog HOTAS for example is two separate USB controllers one stick, one throttle, add rudder pedals and you have 3 controllers to control the same aircraft.

Not everybody uses a gamepad ! BF3 had a problem of supporting only one controller, I'm pretty sure BF4 as well. Made me stay away from planes.

Message 19 of 25 (1,361 Views)

★ Novice

Me too!

I am using the Saitek X52 Flight Control System (i.e. joystick and throttle) and share the sentiment of all those who have been playing since BF 1942.

While although I have been able to programmed the X52 to emulate the respective keyboard and mouse  bindings, the sensitivity is all wrong and difficult to get right.  This coupled with the exclusion of full roll or any yaw (i.e. rudder control) in campaign mode makes it nonsensical to even consider practicing flight and God forbid trying to fire at anything.

Message 20 of 25 (1,307 Views)