incursion locked weapons bug in battlefield 1

by zietzeff

Original Post

incursion locked weapons bug in battlefield 1

★★ Novice

Product: Battlefield 1
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Summarize your bug all weapons missing, 13,000 warbonds missing
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? sign into my account and start the game up
What happens when the bug occurs? when i check on my weapson, using customize soldier, it reports they all have a few stars. when i try to select them ingame i can only use original weapons, plus the counter does not report the percentages to gain a locked weapon . this happened directly after install of battlefield 1 INCURSIONS
Please select your region North America
In what game mode did the bug occur? Conquest
AMD or Nvidia Model Number i did not purchase the disk, i downloaded the game
Enter RAM memory size in GB 500 gb

how do i get to use my unlocked weapons again

Message 1 of 8 (1,134 Views)

Re: incursion locked weapons bug in battlefield 1

★★ Novice
i decided to download and install INCURSIONS, after doing so, all unlocked weapons, became locked once again, plus im missing 13,000 warbonds.
i have uninstalled INCURSIONS, and re-installed it, problem remains.
when i select customize soldier, all my locked weapons report a few stars beside them, but in game they remain locked, and the counter to unlock them will not count kills
Message 2 of 8 (1,130 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice
One of the main features of Battlefield Incursions is the dedicated kits that are preselected for each character class.
This means no customized loadouts other than what is available for each specific character class.
The progression weapons unlocked or purchased through war bonds do not carryover to Battlefield Incursions as it is a separate version of Battlefield 1.

If you are referring to the main Battlefield 1 game itself, then the very first thing you need to try is uninstalling the game and all DLC's and reinstalling them.
Message 3 of 8 (1,098 Views)

★★ Novice

uninstall / reinstall ...
gonna take 4 days to download it all over again .. will not be installing incursions again i can tell you that.
ill post after 4 days i suppose

Message 4 of 8 (1,091 Views)

★ Apprentice
In all honesty, I've had a couple of times myself where I've had to uninstall/reinstall the game after an update. However, every single time the data corrupted in the download is due to my own error.

Sometimes things don't install properly and data ends up becoming corrupted.
Next time there's any kind of download be it an update (game content), DLC, or pre-release content (like Incursions), make sure that the game is closed completely (not running in the background) and that you restart your Xbox afterwards. This ensures that all content is downloaded properly and any of the data doesn't become scrambled. Xbox and by extension Microsoft operating systems are not very good at multitasking.
Speaking from experience, this will save you from the hassle in the future.

Sorry that you're having a rough time with this! I hope this helps!

If your BF1 content is not fixed afterwards please contact EA.
Message 5 of 8 (1,062 Views)

★★ Novice

im not happy.
its a great game, learning lots of real history, kinda love it.
after this long its installed, i still cannot use unlocked weapons. while on the home screen / select customize soldier, i can choose all i want, in game remain locked.
i have no idea what i could have done wrong besides pressing A.
you have given me a road to try, the careful approach, which i will take, i do remember installing incursions without restarting the xbox, that must have been when the problem occurred
i did encounter this problem before, but it did correct itself after a few hours.
i'll report any changes and steps taken.

Message 6 of 8 (1,044 Views)

★★ Novice

Invaderchaos29 ,, you hit the nail right on the head.

today i find out my 10yr  old was wondering why the xbox1 hd was running out of space, and decided on his own, that i only needed 1 battlefield1 game, and uninstalled the extras that came with the game .. premium pass, in the name of the tzar etc ..
which explains why no weapons were counting up towards unlock and so on.
i completely discovered this, when i used the 'manage' option and discovered 6 addons ready to install.

it was most definitely user error.

only after i reinstalled those 6 addons did my game return to normal. and upon showing my boy, did he reveal to me, what he did by trying to clear up disk space.

thank you for your time

Message 7 of 8 (1,009 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Hello @zietzeff

I m happy for you, i would like just share with you what i have found about the Hard Disk XboxOne

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/console/manage-storage

Hope that it ll be useful for other players

:eahigh_file:

Message 8 of 8 (988 Views)