Enter RAM memory size in GB 64
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Breakthrough
Please select your region North America
On which server did this happen?
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
Summarize your bug Inconsistent aim speed with mouse
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Spin with the mouse? ADS and un-ADS and turn?
What happens when the bug occurs? The game runs smoothly but moving the mouse behaves delayed and inconsistent. Sometimes it acts like its magnetizing targets, because I know my tracking is bad.
What should be happening instead? Consistency when turning.

I've changed multiple settings to remove acceleration, reset the settings to default, deleted the settings folder and verified the files, changed settings again, still having issues with inconsistent aim speed.

https://youtu.be/7Q-7OoBU4vw

https://youtu.be/uHrYPdvqL4Y

I'm aware that being prone messes with turn speed but when ADS it feels very inconsistent when switching targets, controlling recoil also becomes unreliable and my aim will drift up.

https://youtu.be/bk9zAHs_KXE

I'm turning at the same speed but it starts to slow down and 'smooth' itself out

https://youtu.be/FfIfeFMYcq4

Longer video, better idea of how I expect the aim to behave until the end, near 4:30 the speed of my aim starts to get slowed down when turning left/right.

I've also had this happen with the auto 12 when unlocking parts.

Message 1 of 8 (447 Views)

Re: inconsistant aim

★★★★★ Apprentice

What mouse do you use?

I experienced a very similar issue in bfv where the screen would turn slow, then fast, stop and speed up again all while maintaining a consistent mouse speed. All of that was due to me using the Viper 8k with it's 8Khz polling rate.

If you are able to adjust the polling rate, try setting it to around 1000, since that fixed it for me way back then and my input feels good in 2042.

Also consider turning off Vsync if that isn't already off, since that causes some input lag.

Besides that I'm not sure what else could be done.

Message 2 of 8 (417 Views)

★★ Novice
@thebulletk1n razer naga pro, it only goes up to 1000 for the polling rate, and vsync is always off, still makes no difference with it on or off.
Message 3 of 8 (400 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I managed to fix my input issues by disabling my swap file on my SSD. I have 32GB of RAM so without the swap file, Windows wouldn't waste CPU power moving things from RAM <> swap file and this seems to have fixed my issues.

Message 4 of 8 (372 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hm.

That’s all I could think of, don’t know if anything else to try.

hope you sort it out though bud

Message 5 of 8 (358 Views)

★★ Novice
@Col_Platinum wish I could say this worked, but it didn't, oh well.
Message 6 of 8 (336 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@DeathGibs damn, your specs are amazing, I'm surprised it didn't work for you.
Just to confirm a few things, you removed the pagefile from all your drives and restarted your PC?

Another thing I did was deleted my old Origin installation and only used EA app with overlay off.

Message 7 of 8 (322 Views)

★★ Novice
@Col_Platinum Yes, I've done this, I've been checking around and apparently a few people with high end PCs are experiencing the same thing, and its completely random with the same configuration of hardware. So I'm just out of luck.
Message 8 of 8 (292 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help