Original Post

iPhone 6+ and Below Crashes - Workaround

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? iphone
OS Version 12.3.1
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode )
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug A workaround to the crashes that I have found. Really annoying to do, but works. Using screen record on iPhone, the screen recording crashes instead of the game.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? turn on screen record while playing on iPhone 6+ or lower, then after a while, the screen record will no longer be on, but the game will still be going. Look at the log files and you can see the iOS watchdog killed the screen record instead of the app.
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country United States

FYI - A workaround I have discovered to avoid the crashes. Yes, its very annoying, but it prevents crashes about 99% of the time. So, the reason for the crashes is that SWGOH is doing too much, which causes iOS to shut it down to prevent damage to the phone and free up space. Now, if you turn on the built in screen record function, what happens is the iOS kills the screen record instead of the game. Its the most annoying thing in the world to do, and I end up with a bunch of random recordings from when it doesn't kill the screen record app. Hopefully this helps. Not  sure if this is where I should have posted this, but thought it the best I could find.

Message 1 of 1 (217 Views)