[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? iPhone 11 Pro
OS Version 13.3
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 973159378
What type of issue do you have? Other
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Summarize your bug SWGOH is brutally lagging and the overall performance is changing from bad, to worse and than it’s going to be unplayable. I’m also using iPad Pro, which is now almost two years old -> everything is fast, smooth and perfect there. But on iPhone 11 Pro/Max, it’s different story! I decided to send you this bug, because on today’s afternoon, I spend approx. one hour playing Fortnite on my/same iPhone. Display refresh was set to 60hz, with all details turned on of course, and -> wait for it <- it works like a charm. Why? Because is simple the best phone on the market and almost anything is running great on it. Not SWGOH Frown FYI> This bug ruined my last 3-4 hSTR, because I wasn’t able to finish it Frown
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Install latest iOS and play SWGOH game.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country Czech Republic

Discussion with many other players with same problem:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/iPhone-11-Pro-Max-Performance/m-p/8287427/highlight/true#...

Message 1 of 12 (5,173 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: iPhone 11 Pro Performance problem - brutal lagging

EA Live QV Team

Hi @MPavlis76 and thank you for the report.

We've tested this today excessively on an iPhone 11 Pro (64GB) with iOS 13.3 without any performance issues. We've also checked your account logs but could not find anything unusual there.

If you haven't completed them yet, here are some troubleshooting steps: https://help.ea.com/en/help/mobile/troubleshooting-steps-for-ios-apps/

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (5,125 Views)

All Replies

EA Live QV Team

Hi @MPavlis76 and thank you for the report.

We've tested this today excessively on an iPhone 11 Pro (64GB) with iOS 13.3 without any performance issues. We've also checked your account logs but could not find anything unusual there.

If you haven't completed them yet, here are some troubleshooting steps: https://help.ea.com/en/help/mobile/troubleshooting-steps-for-ios-apps/

Message 2 of 12 (5,126 Views)

★★ Novice

Dears,

as I’m linking another thread, where many users has same problem as I have, it’s more than clear, that we’re telling you the truth.

I installed now game version from App Store today and from that moment, everything look good. I’ll test it for at least 48h and than let you know, ok?

Thanks in advance,

Martin

Message 3 of 12 (5,070 Views)

★ Apprentice

I’m having this issue too - just happened to me during TB - happened last week during a Sith raid (actually froze after lagging for a while - I have a screenshot) and it also happened to me earlier tonight during a Sith raid

Also got laggy in this GAC and last but luckily it did not crash

phone is iPhone 11 max pro 512GB - iOS 13.3.1

phone gets hot while it happens too

works better on my 2015 iPad - connection is fine although I feel there is a problem with the app / phone there too - seemed to connect better with my old phone (iPhone X)

This is a huge problem - game is pretty much unplayable on this device and has been like this off/on for a while now

please advise ASAP - thank you 

Message 4 of 12 (5,006 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I can confirm that I am experiencing this issue as well. What is very odd is that when you screen record through the iPhone11 Pro (256 GB IOS 13.3) inbuilt function the lag stops, turn it off then the lag returns. 

This can be done during a battle and it’ll not lag/lag depending on screen recording or not

Message 5 of 12 (4,988 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This issue is beyond frustrating. Fix it. 

Message 6 of 12 (4,786 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_HighCommand is there an update on this?  I see this issue is spread throughout multiple tickets with no resolution.  I can barely play the game!

Message 7 of 12 (4,746 Views)

★★ Novice

I also commented in the older thread. I had to upgrade from an iPhone 6 to and iPhone 11 (normal not pro), and SWGOH lags terribly during battles, and gets so hot that you worry the phone is melting its hardware inside. And randomly the game will not allow you to use abilities, and you have to minimize the game and bring it back up before you can attack again. 

Like others have mentioned, the iPhone 11 can run all other mobile games without this heat and lag. I’m not sure how CG is not experiencing these issues. I ask that anyone in office with a personal iPhone 11 download the game and try to do a raid or territory battle. The issue seems so widespread, even in our guild alliance. 

It’s very frustrating considering this is the newest Apple product on the market and can’t run a game from 2015 without serious issues. 

Message 8 of 12 (4,690 Views)

★ Novice

This is absolutely an issue that I have only with my iPhone11 pro max. I had the problem months ago when I played prior and had the problem moments ago when I played last. Seems there will be no fix for this. That is sad.

Message 9 of 12 (4,334 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie
@MPavlis76 Is this still happening? I recently upgraded to an iPhone SE (2020 version) and my phone gets very hot playing SWGOH. I’ve considered upgrading again to the 11 but not if this is an issue on their end and still happening.
Message 10 of 12 (3,426 Views)