Re: iPad screen resolution still not supported?

by mrbofus

Original Post

Accepted Solution

iPad screen resolution still not supported?

★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPad
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? 11" iPad Pro
OS Version iPad OS 13.7
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode )
What type of issue do you have? Other
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug iPad Pro screen resolution not supported.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open the app.
Connection Type
Please select your region North America
Country United States

It has been years since the iPad has had a high screen resolution, and over two years since I started playing the game, yet there is still no support for the higher resolution on the iPad.  Why is this?  The attached screenshots clearly show that the iPhone version has more shown on the screen than the iPad version.  This makes no sense.  EA has the financial resources and has had plenty of time.

(This is on an iPhone 11 Pro Max and a 11" iPad Pro, both running iOS/iPadOS 13.7 and with the most recent version of the app.)

IMG_0014.png
IMG_1222.png
Message 1 of 6 (275 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

Hi @mrbofus and thank you for the post.

This is more like a feedback/suggestion post and not a bug (since this is working as intended at the moment), as @GladOS-013 correctly pointed out. Feel free to head over to our official feedback section on the forum to gain more traction to the topic.

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (245 Views)

All Replies

@mrbofus Hey thanks for the report!

This isn't a bug, so much as a feature request. It's one I understand, because activities like scrolling through mods and rosters is harder on iPad.

The screen dimensions do impact how much can be shown at a time - phones are more rectangular than iPads, so even a higher resolution iPad wouldn't show as much side to side without having blank bars at the bottom (like wide screen movies on a non wide screen TV).

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

Hi @mrbofus and thank you for the post.

This is more like a feedback/suggestion post and not a bug (since this is working as intended at the moment), as @GladOS-013 correctly pointed out. Feel free to head over to our official feedback section on the forum to gain more traction to the topic.

Message 3 of 6 (246 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

OK.  I thought since it had been years, it would have been an obvious feature to have implemented, and since it seemed obvious to me, I thought it might be a bug in how it was implemented on the iPad.  Thank you!

Message 4 of 6 (231 Views)

★★ Novice

@GladOS-013 wrote:
@mrbofusHey thanks for the report!

The screen dimensions do impact how much can be shown at a time - phones are more rectangular than iPads, so even a higher resolution iPad wouldn't show as much side to side without having blank bars at the bottom (like wide screen movies on a non wide screen TV).

I thought about that, but given that the iPhone 11 Pro Max has a resolution of 2688x1242 and the 11-inch iPad Pro has a resolution of 2388x1668, it seems pretty clear from the screenshots that they are seeing the same amount vertically (despite the iPad Pro have 426 more pixels vertically) while the iPhone sees MUCH more (almost twice as much!) than the extra 300 pixels it has horizontally.

Message 5 of 6 (230 Views)

★★ Novice

I have posted it in the "Gears and UI" sub-forum in the Feedback forum.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/235772/ipad-screen-resolution-still-not-s...

Message 6 of 6 (228 Views)