Original Post

Accepted Solution

iPad Pro 2018 stealth & shadows

★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPad
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? iPad Pro 2018
OS Version Current
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode )
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug The stealth and shadow effects aren’t showing correctly. Needs to be patched so does the ability to see the full resolution of the game! I would’ve just taken a screenshot BUT it actually shows correctly in screen shots.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play on a iPad Pro 2018
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States

Brand new iPad Pro 2018 and the black bars around the whole game are terrible too! Needs a fix.F65DD77B-1FD2-4A80-9D9D-225C71EC72CB.jpeg

Message 1 of 15 (1,298 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: iPad Pro 2018 stealth & shadows

Community Manager (retired)
Thanks for the info. We managed to get the device and confirmed the issue. It's now flagged as a bug.

View in thread

Message 6 of 15 (1,177 Views)

All Replies

Hey, thanks for the report. Can you please try to reinstall the game, launch it, then leave it in the Home Screen for around 30 min so it can finish downloading all assets correctly?
If the issue remains after that please let us know.

Thank you.
Message 2 of 15 (1,260 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah I tried that before posting and just now again to double check. Old iPad Pro is fine. New iPad Pro has a black border around the game and the issues shown after removal and re-install as well as restart and all the typical fixes.

Message 3 of 15 (1,245 Views)

Thanks for the reply. Were these issues present from when you first installed the game on the new iPad or did they start occurring after a certain game update?
Message 4 of 15 (1,243 Views)

★★★ Novice

First fresh install last week. I posted on the game’s forums and found I wasn’t alone, they hadn’t posted about it or their post was removed to be posted here so I know I’m not alone in this. Others have this exact issue. 

Message 5 of 15 (1,220 Views)

Thanks for the info. We managed to get the device and confirmed the issue. It's now flagged as a bug.
Message 6 of 15 (1,178 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same issues are still there after current/recent update. 

Message 7 of 15 (1,134 Views)

★★ Novice

Just as an addition:

I can hardly believe the devs didn‘t know about this, as iPad Pros are very widely used and are the state-of-the-art tablets. 

Pretty much all „premium“ games (and most other games, too) have been updated for the new resolutions pretty much from the get-go. 

The fact that SWGOH hasn‘t been updated to take the new iPads into account dosn#t only show laziness. 

It‘s a disgrace. 

Message 8 of 15 (1,099 Views)

★★★ Novice

The Chewbacca event is broken visually with this issue. The holotable/hologram filter effect covers the screen during the battle. Greedo sometimes will appear and sometimes he will not. Uninstalled and reinstalled. All the normal fixes but the game is broken still on the iPad Pro 2018. The first time you play the event battle with the little movie it will play fine but after the first attempt it’s broken. Fix these bugs.

Message 9 of 15 (1,031 Views)

★★★ Novice

Any word on how much longer I have to play the game this way?

Message 10 of 15 (976 Views)