[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPad
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? iPad Air
OS Version iOS 12.3.1
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 354 - 187 - 892
What type of issue do you have? Other
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Basically the game now runs like c r a p on this older but still very capable machine and no one really cares. Consistent crashes in all areas of the game especially HAAT and TW. Sometimes when the game is just standing. Massive slow downs that cause fleet or arena loses because the battle ends while it’s chugging along. Constantly having to hard restart only to have it start kakking in 20 or 30 mins. Over 2GB of storage left and very few other programs running or even loaded.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Oh you know all about how c r a p the game is on ipad air ios 12. How many updates now and still no improvement? I already got the, ‘we’ll look into it’, and then no replies after that.
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region Asia
Country Japan

Just play and hold my breath hoping it doesn’t crash. I’ve lost COUNTLESS TW battles and massive runs on HAAT.

Message 1 of 5 (403 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: iPad Air (1st gen) Rampant crashes.

EA Live QV Team

Hi @Jiefoo and thank you for the report.

We are aware of the increased crash rate on older iOS devices, including the iPad Air (first gen) and looking already into possible improvements.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (375 Views)

All Replies

EA Live QV Team

Hi @Jiefoo and thank you for the report.

We are aware of the increased crash rate on older iOS devices, including the iPad Air (first gen) and looking already into possible improvements.

Message 2 of 5 (376 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

Got about the same answer almost 2 months ago and the problem seemed to get worse with the last update.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Crashes-after-soloing-2-4-of-HAAT-Seriously/m-p/7900407#M27127

Let's hope something gets fixed this time.

Thanks.

Jiefoo

Message 3 of 5 (365 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I had recently given up the hope that CG is ever going to fix these issues, or that they give it a somewhat higher priority at all. So I bought myself a Samsung Galaxy Tab A6, which as a slightly older model was not so expensive, but at least has 2 GB RAM, and slightly better processing power too. Was not willing to pay for a brand new iPad just to be able to play this game. But all these unbearable issues – crashes in TW and HAAT P4, Geo TB probably as well – are gone for me now.

Message 4 of 5 (339 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yet another update and no improvement for iPad Air users! THANKS FOR NOTHING! Oh and btw another thing to add to your list is the constant random slowdowns in ships battles! I’m already struggling against the annoying and boring Falcon meta only to have my machine * and I lose my ships’ battle due to time expiring. Soooo bloody frustrating. FIX IT FOR YODA’s SAKE!! GEEEZ!! How long has this been going on!!!???

Message 5 of 5 (302 Views)