i keep disconnecting and getting a 10 mins penalty,loosing points

★★★ Apprentice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number rx2060
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? teamdaddy
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Fuse,Caustic,Loba
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. in the flying ship,loading screen,pick screen
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. just starting the game
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 1st match
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 26.08.2022 9:31
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? i get disconnected,i get a 10 mins penalty and i am losing points like crazy. i have disconnected like 20 times to 30 times this season alone
What should be happening instead? fix your servers,fix your games,remove 10 mins penalty, remove losing points , how is it my problem when your developers are bad?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play the game?

game dkeeps disconnecting at loading screen , during game play

im getting a penalty of 10 mins when its not my fauly

im losing points in ranks division when itsd not my fault

i mean how is it a huge studio like ea cant fix these problems.?seriously go ask fortnite developers to help your guys,clearly your developers are 2nd or 3rd grade programmers who have absolutely no idea what theyre doing

Message 1 of 9 (377 Views)

Re: i keep disconnecting and getting a 10 mins penalty,loosing points

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@tremm0r  Does this happen in non-ranked games? Have you tried other data centers?

Removing the penalty will result in abuse, people abandoning the game and that will make people even more complaining. I rarely have connection issues, so it can't really be Apex. There's a lot going on between server and client (like your internet provider) and that's not in Respawns/EA hands. Plus the penalty for DC will prevent abuse, which has been a big problem in Ranked for a long time.

On the other hand, hackers might have turned to DDOSing the match if they feel they are going to lose the match as a result of this, causing DC. They are still active, you know.

Message 2 of 9 (355 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@WolferatoYes this has been happening to me everywhere... when i first started to play i was in new hampshire ...ranked and unranked..... and when i moved to dubai last year .. the same problem kept happening......i tried switching servers low ping to high ping.

My internet and provider are tier 1 with 500mb/s ....running netstat shows 15 hops <10 ms

The problem is ea's not mine...cause its not just me ..its everyone.

As for the penalty.....its ea's responsibility to figure out whos leaving the match on purpose vs whos gettong disconnected due to their weak game development

Message 3 of 9 (339 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@tremm0r  The speed overall is not in question, but priority. Different continents have different priorities.

Let me explain: while the speed is fine, there are a lot of users doing different things on the internet. The ISP must prioritize who gets what first. I could imagine that ISP's don't place gaming servers at a higher priority then for example certain other media's (video downloads, which take a lot of bandwidth), especially if it comes to the price of maintenance (big spenders come first). So while others get their data first, you're left to wait until your data gets to you. This might be counted in seconds, but just too long and the the connection timeout kicks in (ingame timeout, not internet or modem itself).

These policies are not appearant to the common user so when people are affected, they're unaware of the reasons.

Message 4 of 9 (331 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

have you read what i wrote or are you just blabbering to sound smart?

i said while i was livingin the united stated hooked to a u.s server i was getting disconnected . this doesnt happen in any other game but apex 

Message 5 of 9 (320 Views)

★★★ Guide

My apologies, didn't realise that Dubai is in US.

Nevermind my answer then, hopefully someone smarter then me can help you then.I'll just enjoy my non-crashing Apex as a dumb guy. Good luck!

Message 6 of 9 (313 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Hey hey @tremm0r,

First off, I'd like to have something cleared up.

You said that you were hooked to a U.S server and that you were encountering these issues, does that mean you were encountering it on the Dubai server too or does it not occur there?

(Since Dubai isn't located in the US I'm assuming that it doesn't fall under being connected to a US server)

Also, are you playing on WiFi or Ethernet?

Next to that, are you getting any error codes when you get booted from the match?

Where did you get the 500mb/s from?

Do note that speedtest and the numbers that your provider provides you with are numbers that only indicate potential, it would be unrealistic to be reaching that constantly.

Next to that, having a lot of bandwith doesn't mean you won't be prone to network issues.

Message 7 of 9 (306 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

yes i am encountering it on bahrain server 30 ms "que time is 3 hours" yes three hours cause theres no players were i also dc

right after that its singapore server @ 85ms were i also dc

when i joinm a us server 190 ms i also dc

im playing on ethernet

the error i get on all three server is "connection to server time out"

the 500mb/s i got from my isp and yeah 500mb/s is very realstic here in dubai

Message 8 of 9 (285 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

so i guess ea will not do anything to solve this problem?? today i got 3 or 4 disconnections.......well i mean when ea is taking our money from micro transactions, they wouldnt care at all if the game works or not

Message 9 of 9 (241 Views)