hotkeys 5-9 not working

★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GeForce GTX 1070 Version 419.67
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16 GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? ElctricTeddy
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. All
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Trying to use the default hotkeys 5-9 (syringe, ..., phoenix kit)
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 60+ hours, right up until the newest patch (Elite event).
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 6/5/2019
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? After having downloaded the most recent patch (6/4/2019, with the Elite event content), I can no longer use my number 5-9 keys for their intended purposes (i.e. syringe, shields, etc.). I first noticed this in game. After two matches, I tried it in the tutorial mode, which is also affected by this issue. I have successfully gotten them to work for other things, i.e. rekeybind '5' to crouch works. I tried re-keybinding other keys to the function of '5' (syringes), i.e. the 'F' key, but it still did not work. When I press '4' (with syringes equipped) in the tutorial while at full health, the text appears onscreen saying "health full" (or whatever it actually is). When I press '5' which is keybound to syringes specifically, no text appears. All of this together leads me to believe the function of having them (syringes, med kits, shield cells, and shield batteries) simply does not work for me. I have closed and relaunched the game without change. I have also deleted and reinstalled the game without change. [Note: I have not confirmed this with phoenix kits, but I assume it extends beyond the other four.]
What should be happening instead? The default function of hotkeys 5-9 (syringe, ..., phoenix kit)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? No idea.

After having downloaded the most recent patch (6/4/2019, with the Elite event content), I can no longer use my number 5-9 keys for their intended purposes (i.e. syringe, shields, etc.).

I first noticed this in game. After two matches, I tried it in the tutorial mode, which is also affected by this issue. I have successfully gotten them to work for other things, i.e. rekeybind '5' to crouch works. I tried re-keybinding other keys to the function of '5' (syringes), i.e. the 'F' key, but it still did not work.

When I press '4' (with syringes equipped) in the tutorial while at full health, the text appears onscreen saying "health full" (or whatever it actually is). When I press '5' which is keybound to syringes specifically, no text appears.

All of this together leads me to believe the function of having them (syringes, med kits, shield cells, and shield batteries) simply does not work for me.

I have closed and relaunched the game without change. I have also deleted and reinstalled the game without change.

[Note: I have not confirmed this with phoenix kits, but I assume it extends beyond the other four.]

Message 3 of 13 (1,430 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: hotkeys 5-9 not working

★★ Novice
@ElctricTeddy Edit: The update 6/11/2019 fixed the issue. Tested with syringe in tutorial.

View in thread

Message 12 of 13 (1,266 Views)

All Replies

After recent patch, Fkeybinds are no longer working. f1-5 etc not working.

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number nvidia
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? yeeemz
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. everywhere
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. nothing i couldnt heal
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) as of today i assume, after the latest patch.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue?
What happens when the bug occurs? you cant bind your abilities with the fbinds
What should be happening instead? you already know
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? wild guess!

So after recent patch, the Fkeybinds dont work, and it makes healing miserable lol.

Message 1 of 13 (1,414 Views)

Medic buttons (5,6,7...) Not functioning after the update

★ Novice

5,6,7... Keys which to get the Medic, shields are not working in game after the update.

My keyboard is perfectly ok.

It really bothers a lot.

Is there a solution? Thank you.

Message 2 of 13 (1,409 Views)

★ Novice

I've been getting the same issue that you described above. I had most of the health hotkeys bound to 3-5, med kit bound to Z, and Phoenix kit bound to X. None of these worked for me when I try to use the shortcuts in-game. I did not check in tutorials, but I did revert my settings to default with no solution. 

Message 4 of 13 (1,402 Views)

Community Manager

@gnotqynnek @ElctricTeddy @Yeeemz 

There is a known issue with keybindings post Patch 1.2

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Known-Issues-Post-Patch-1-2/m-p/7923599#M43047

Please monitor that link for updates, thanks.

barry.png
Message 5 of 13 (1,377 Views)

Re: Medic buttons (5,6,7...) Not functioning after the update

★★★★★ Apprentice
check if they are binded properly, my MOUSE1 for SHOOTING unbind every * time with no reason after this GREAT update
Message 6 of 13 (1,379 Views)

★★ Novice

I would assume that you're referring to the section that says:

Changing game configs.

• The intent of the change was to remove the ability to modify the game to get a competitive advantage. We hear the feedback that some commands are now gone for players that used them to make their game more stable or performant. We’ll follow up more on this next week.

If that is correct, then I would like to add a note that I have not made any changes to the config files, as far as I know. So this may or may not be a different issue than is described in the link provided.

Message 7 of 13 (1,351 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue like collegues above... Before Patch I have "1" & "2" small shiled and syringes and with F1/F2 big once + F3 Phoenix. Now it's completly bloked.
I nevery modify any file with config, becuase you could just go to settings and set it. In my opinion these keybinds are no secret, cuz they are available in game mode. Right now these binds in settings are locked, visable but even if you bind something it doesnt work. I vote to keep them available. 

@EA_Barrycan you rollback these settings? What do you think?

Message 8 of 13 (1,343 Views)

Community Manager

@LuqAtMe  Hi, we should hear some more on this next week. 

From the dev post:

"Changing game configs.

• The intent of the change was to remove the ability to modify the game to get a competitive advantage. We hear the feedback that some commands are now gone for players that used them to make their game more stable or performant. We’ll follow up more on this next week."

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 9 of 13 (1,286 Views)

★★ Novice

Are there any plans to help those affected by this bug catch up on the Legendary Hunt event? Because this bug is pretty huge, I myself can't really play while relying on the wheel to select and use syringes/cells every time I need to heal. I feel like I am losing out on opportunities to not only enjoy the event and possibly collect beautiful rewards, but just enjoying the game in general.

Thank you for being so vocal and transparent through this bug squishing!

Message 10 of 13 (1,269 Views)