by mailman619

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] No Diploma or Graduation Portrait with two graduates

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? GP04:1assets.live-gp04.143
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Discover University, Get Famous, Spa Day, Movie Hangout Stuff, Bowling Night, Luxury Party Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Get Together, Realm of Magic, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Vampires, City Living, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Laundry Day Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Get to Work, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Dine Out
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have two sims graduate on the same day from different universities- both of them attend the ceremony (don't cancel) - only play one sim - and be sure that the selected sim attends the graduation - leave other graduating sim to care for themselves.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim that was not played will attend graduation and receive their diploma but no graduation portrait. The sim that was being played will be in the graduation ceremony for over eight hours and receive no graduation portrait or college diploma.
What do you expect to see? I expected both of them to receive college diplomas and graduation portraits after attending the ceremony.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

N/A

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 30 (10,277 Views)

Re: No Diploma or Graduation Portrait PS4

Hero
@boomyjo

So you play one household and make sure they go to the graduation and then switch to the other or how to you make sure that the first one goes to graduation ceremony ?

Is it just about the diploma/picture or does one not properly show as graduated like in this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-Sim-stuck-as-quot-Graduate-quot-after-graduatio... when NPCs/unplayed Sims graduate ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 30 (10,223 Views)

★★ Novice

So it was one household, no one was an NPC. The first sim's graduation was at 10:14am and the second sim's graduation was at 10:34am. After following the first sim to the graduation (he was talking to npcs and attend graduation was not selected), I went to the second sim at 10:30am. I waited for the graduation pop up and went to that graduation ceremony (attend graduation was selected several times). It took 4 hours for the selected sim to attend the graduation and she spent several more hours inside the graduation ceremony. After the selected sim graduated her cap was gone and I sent her home. Then I switched to the other graduating sim and his cap gone and I sent him home. However, he was the only one to receive a diploma. 

Message 3 of 30 (10,196 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@boomyjo But both show as graduated properly afterwards ? It's just about the diploma/pic ?

There's also a similar report here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PS4-No-diploma-at-graduation-but-did-receive-the-graduate/m-p/... but that was just one Sim, I htink.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 30 (10,166 Views)

Hero
@boomyjo Could you retest this after the patch if it happens still after the patch if you try again ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 30 (10,110 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict...I found the diplomas in the household inventory when we moved into a new house. However, there are no grad pics. But, I will try to recreate it.
Message 6 of 30 (10,084 Views)

PC cannot graduate if left alone

★★★ Newbie

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? EP03: 1.assests.beta-ep03.53
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except backyard and my first pet
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Visit PC house after the time period where they should have graduated
What happens when the bug occurs? Angela and Lilith Pleasant do not finish graduation. The course has ended and final report card confirmed but no diploma is received and no ceremony. As a result they cannot find jobs relating to their diploma at the higher level
What do you expect to see? after a day or two, a diploma to appear in the inventory and/or option to attend graduation
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Its been 2 in-game weeks, i have restarted the game, moved them out, force reset them. Nothing triggers the graduation/diploma.

Message 7 of 30 (10,064 Views)

Re: PC cannot graduate if left alone

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Fallon133 Merging this with a similar report. Seems along the same line.

Could you please enter your base game version ? Th one you entered is from an EP. Just to make sure you are at the current patch level

Here's instructions: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/8775353#M124496

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 30 (10,051 Views)

graduated university but didn't get diploma and enroll option greyed out

★★★ Novice

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? discover university, get famous, get together, seasons, city living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? finish 2 weeks in the university then attend graduation and leave with a portrait only
What happens when the bug occurs? my sim cannot enroll in any university because it didn't graduate/get a diploma from its last degree and when i force it with cheats, homework and presentation board won't even appear in the inventory. it shows on the career tab 'class schedule' 'this sim has graduated. no more terms to attend'
What do you expect to see? my sim being able to get its diploma and re-enroll
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 9 of 30 (10,010 Views)

Re: graduated university but didn't get diploma and enroll option greyed out

★★★ Novice
@mailman619 I've seen many people reporting this bug and even saw somewhere it was patched but mine hasn't yet
Message 10 of 30 (10,004 Views)