google play gift card use on iphone/ipad?

by Synthrax30

Original Post

Accepted Solution

google play gift card use on iphone/ipad?

★★★ Newbie

Friend bought me a $10 Google Play gift card for Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes... I have an iPhone/iPad I play on... We didnt know it isnt compatable... After calling Google Play, they informed me to contact EA Help since they would assist in transferring the balance to an iTunes giftcard for use with Apple products... Customer Support phone numbers are disconnected after doing some searching... Also the Live Chat function isnt working. Either that of EA reps are terrible with management with questions. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 4 (16,447 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: google play gift card use on iphone/ipad?

Community Manager

Thanks for the extra information. 

Can I ask where did you get that number? Is the flag icon in the top left of the ea help page set to the US? Nowadays there's a scheduled callback system for US contacts, rather than a direct call number. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (20,030 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Synthrax30 That's completely false, Google Play and Apple balances are separate and can't be transferred. 

As for contacting support, if you need to create a Live chat and it's not working, please try a different browser. 

You also mention a number being disconnected, what number was that, we want to make sure there is no misleading information on the site. 

I can see you have a ticket in now, but as mentioned, this isn't something we can assist with. If you have an unused/unusable gift card trading/swapping it us usually the way to go. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 4 (16,430 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I appreciate the response. Though the Live chat says, "Connecting you to a representive est. wait time under 5 minutes". 30min+ later, still no connection. Google Chrome/Firefox/Safari same result.

The phone number for EA that I used is (866) 543-5435.

Last but not least, that's terrible hearing that the Google Play rep misled me on the phone telling me that iTunes gift cards and Google Play gift cards were able to be transferred to one another... The individual, (Jay) had me accredit my gmail account with the gift card. So now I have $10 of Google Play credit that won't be used since I operate with Apple products.

I appreciate the outreach and I note that $10 isn't much to really be upset about... Though its kind of a ridiculous situation. I will call Google Play back and see if they are able to offer any assistance.
Message 3 of 4 (16,424 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the extra information. 

Can I ask where did you get that number? Is the flag icon in the top left of the ea help page set to the US? Nowadays there's a scheduled callback system for US contacts, rather than a direct call number. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 4 (20,031 Views)