Re: glitchy platform interactions

by This_Lou

Original Post

glitchy platform interactions

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? latest. ive tried to update everytime incase you fixed the bugs.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? seasons, eco, tiny, vampire, get together, family, city, the one with the archeology.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? i dont know...
What happens when the bug occurs? black hole under where the stairs should stop. stairs become wrong height when reloading the game. roof shows up inside.
What do you expect to see? floor should remain solid stairs should stay where and how I placed them. half wall and platform shouldn't cancel out the full wall
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. first and second platform patch. and the mods ive got is 3 hairstyles.

stairs wont work properly with the new platforms. a black square appears on the floor. I've mainly experienced this at basement level. 

I've also experienced problems with the stairs in a way that they jump to the platform level next to it instead of the one its connect to... 

platforms and roofs are not working great together either. the roof dosent consider a normalwall a wall if its connected to a halfwall. like [_] can be normal. but if X is a platform and the 4th wall is a halfwall the roof will just cut straigt through.  

platforms in basements and attics dont seem to work. 

Message 1 of 3 (394 Views)

★ Guide
@saralisa55 I clicked a Me Too for the "I've also experienced problems with the stairs in a way that they jump to the platform level next to it instead of the one its connect to... " A moderator's opinion was it's working as designed so my post is in the general feedback section, but in my opinion that design feature is so unintuitive and annoying it jolly well should be counted as a bug!!
Message 2 of 3 (368 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem with the stairs and the platforms with the black box under the stairs. My sims also get stuck on the platform, they walk up the stairs but cant go back down them. The roof coming through the wall has always been a problem it also happens when you split a room with a fence its because you have two different rooms without a full wall in-between that has always been a glitch.

Message 3 of 3 (315 Views)