game update mods disappear

by Ribenacurrant

Original Post

game update mods disappear

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.98.207.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island living, seasons, realm of magic, toddler stuff, parenthood, cottage living, get together, eco lifestyle, spa day, dine out, jungle adventure, vintage glamour stuff, movie hangout, romantic garden stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? Every time the game updates itself, all the custom mods disappear from my sims: hair, clothes, accessories. I have also seen some custom mod objects disappear too though most of them stay the same
What do you expect to see? All my sims end up bald and naked when I restart my game even after I've re-enable all custom mods and restarted.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I don't have any photos

Message 1 of 2 (2,421 Views)

Re: game update mods disappear

Champion

When the game updates, mods are disabled. This is intentional. If you then open a previously modded save file, the thumbnails cached for the households may update without their cc. If you save while mods are disabled, all cc in use will be removed.

To keep your Sims using cc, you should go into the game settings, turn mods back on, then close the game. Then restart the game and you can play with your modded save files.

If you loaded the save file but didn't actually save, it should just be the thumbnails that are wrong. Reopen the household and see if they are still wearing the correct CC.

If you've already saved while mods were turned off, you could try rolling the save back to a previous version - click on the save in "load game" and there should be a "recover" option as well as play. Try recover.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 2 of 2 (2,404 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help