game mutes, freezes then crashes

★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number nvidia gtx 1060
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16 gb
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? NightBringrBatta
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. sl-kozo
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? mirage, gibralter, lifeline happens and a lot of chanps
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? when i was playing mirage he played pathfinder
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. south west of repulsor on the high structure
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. nothing just peaking players. i might have shot a couple of time while peaking but nothing special
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? lengthy matches, a couple, one happened twice in a row
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 24/04/19 11:00 sierra leone time gmt
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? suddenly the game goes mute, i can still move and play normally but no sound for like 10 to 15 seconds, then the game crashed everything freezes for few seconds then i come back to the game and everything that happened withing the time of crash till that moment fast forwards. during that time i can barely move then the game kicks me out. and please add an option where we can join after we disconnect.
What should be happening instead? game should continue normally instead of crashing
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? im not sure how but i can provide any necessary data of my pc if u need

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number nvidia gtx 1060
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16 gb
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? NightBringrBatta
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. sl-kozo
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? mirage, gibralter, lifeline happens and a lot of chanps
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? when i was playing mirage he played pathfinder
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. south west of repulsor on the high structure
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. nothing just peaking players. i might have shot a couple of time while peaking but nothing special
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? lengthy matches, a couple, one happened twice in a row
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 24/04/19 11:00 sierra leone time gmt
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? suddenly the game goes mute, i can still move and play normally but no sound for like 10 to 15 seconds, then the game crashed everything freezes for few seconds then i come back to the game and everything that happened withing the time of crash till that moment fast forwards. during that time i can barely move then the game kicks me out. and please add an option where we can join after we disconnect.
What should be happening instead? game should continue normally instead of crashing
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? im not sure how but i can provide any necessary data of my pc if u need

Message 1 of 6 (299 Views)

Re: game mutes, freezes then crashes

Community Manager

Hi, @NightBringrBatta 

We can take a look into this for you, can you attach a DxDiag for us so we can see your PC specs? Have you tried checking your PC for Windows updates? Search "Windows Updates" in the desktop search bar to check for pending updates.

How to Pull a DxDiag

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

PC Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/pc-graphics-troubleshooting/

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 6 (266 Views)

★ Novice

hi, @EA_Blueberry 

i attached the dxdiag file. sorry for the late reply. i was playing a match right now and i noticed that this will almost always happen in repulsor. it happened while jumping from the plane as we got near repulsor. the error that occurs after the freezing is over is i'll get kicked out then time out of the server. hope these information help and if u need anything more please let me know.

Message 3 of 6 (225 Views)

Community Manager

@NightBringrBatta 

You could upgrade to Windows 10 build 1809. Search "Windows Updates" in the desktop search bar to check for pending updates. Are you running any other programs in the background while you're playing? There's a couple errors in your event viewer that might be causing some stress on the CPU. 

Try updating to 1809 to see if that has any effect and make sure Apex/Origin is added to your anti-virus exception list. If it happens again, try temporarily disabling Windows Defender for a few games to pinpoint whether it's being caused by firewall settings.

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 6 (192 Views)

★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry 

i updated everything but i was a bit busy couldnt play. today im playing and in the third match i had the same bug in the houses right outside of market. this is becoming so annoying we need a solution for this i hear it is happening a lot. btw i dont have any other program open other than discord since im gaming with a friend

Message 5 of 6 (168 Views)

Community Manager

@NightBringrBatta 

If it's happening in a specific area there's always a possibility of corrupted files. Try right-clicking on the game in Origin and select "Repair" to see if that helps. If not, consider reinstalling the game because we've seen that actually fix a lot of crashes. 

If you installed Origin a while back, it doesn't hurt to uninstall that and re-download/install the latest version here

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 6 (155 Views)