game lag since relic release

by TomWSeed

Original Post

game lag since relic release

★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? moto g6 and bluestacks on pc.
OS Version 9
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 328-868-864
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Summarize your bug game lags horribly, crashes and freezes
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play the game
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States

the lag issues have made the game unplayable since the relic update went live.  the game freezes, crashes, lags to where i can click one thing every minute or two (took me over 10 minutes just to select a character to view their mods)  many of my attempts to do raids, GAC fights, TB battles, arena and other general events end in total loss of team, points and rewards.

from what i can gather this is a fairly common issue, yet the only mention of it is in the release notes for the relic update release.  since the forum mod kyno keeps moving any forum posts to archived, my friends and others who went to forums to see if anyone else had the issue, they were not finding all these complaint threads that kyno archived, thus had no idea anyone else was experiencing the problems.  for that very reason i think EA/CG is not totally aware of how damaging this issue is for many of us, or how large scale this may be.  there no stickies, no updates, nothing to address any of this on forums other than at the bottom of a very long release notes when update came out you stated 'We are aware and investigating the lag issues that appeared with yesterday’s soft launch. We are currently working on a potential fix'

this problem occurs on my moto g6 phone running android os 9, it happens on my tablet running older version of android, and it happens in bluestacks.  

first off please have someone address this on forums so anyone who comes there for support can see that others are having an issue also, and add their experience. an announcement, a stickie, whatever would be a good start.

Message 1 of 5 (581 Views)

Re: game lag since relic release

★★ Novice

i can only get videos on my pc atm.  here are just two battles i had issues with in TB yesterday.  the vid shows my best TB team, the game crashed and they got 0/4 points for the mission.

https://youtu.be/TX-beA-4DYo

note it was in last 30 mins of the phase so there is a countdown timer that shows just how laggy/staggered the game is in this battle, i can do nothing. i think i got one or two moves off befiore it crashed 40 seconds or so into fight

so then i restarted swgoh, took my 2nd best TB team in next.  i have been seeing this pop up a lot since the relic update:
Screenshot_163.png

after i clear that i get put back into the battle but the game freezes while your app tries to re-log/re-verify my google play:
TBplaylogin_LI.jpg

this fight also crashed a minute later, causing me to lose this team's mission battle also.

since this happens on PC as well as phone i have much more access to what is happening.  at NO TIME does my cpu use exceed 20%, the gpu never uses more than 2%, the net usage stays at 0.0 to 0.1%.at first i thought may be wifi issue so i wired my lan into the pc instead.  no change. i have updated everything on all my devices from drivers, to clearing caches and freeing up tons of disk space, on my phone i removed all unused apps, its resources are over 50% free, i have checked for malware, used apps to speed up the phone.  all to no avail with swgoh.  i have a top end fios internet connection, a brand new router that i got because you guys never fixed the last random freeze issues some of us still get (started when new GAC came out half many months ago).  instead of rushing out bugged updates and expansions that you rake in cash on, please fix the problems we are and have been having that make the game terribly difficult for us to play regularly, and as of last 3 days, totally unplayable.

Message 2 of 5 (569 Views)

★★ Novice

same problem here i sim a battle, 20 seconds later i get the rewards....and the game has so much lag Frown

Message 3 of 5 (541 Views)

★★ Novice

I see very long wait times in nearly all aspects of the game; loading a GA battle, ending a GA battle, upgrading mods, slicing mods, navigating through the tables, etc. It seems intermittent, however, this may be due to whether the client hits the server or not (for example, I don't think the client hits the server for all actions like when you stay within the mod screen).

There is also a hugh difference between connecting through my wifi and using my LTE data. Through wifi, it may take 5 minutes to upgrade a mod, whereas through LTE it's nearly instant. My gut tells me it has something to do with the new anit-cheat algorithms recently released.

Message 4 of 5 (506 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ever since relic update, there is so much lag & constant minute long loading circles for almost every action at all modes of the game, be it mods, battles, tb, gac, raids, etc. It is extremely frustrating and makes it impossible to play. This happens on 2 different ipads and my iphone 8+ on wifi. But, if i go on LTE, everything works fine. But issue is not my wifi, as i'm currently watching the falcons/eagles game on nfl app stream on the same ipad on wifi and having no issues. Youtube videos play fine with no lag also on that same ipad on wifi. Please look into this issue as 95% of the time i play this game is when i'm on wifi.

Message 5 of 5 (475 Views)