Re: game freezing mid game

by EA_Aljo

Original Post

game freezing mid game

★★★ Newbie

I was playing ranked and in the middle of the game, my game just froze I couldn't move my teammates said I was moving for them. I closed application countless of times and still was frozen and couldn't play the match until my teammates fully died out and I could go back to the lobby.

Message 1 of 6 (2,158 Views)

Community Manager

Hi there, @alucardzu 

Thanks for reaching out to us. Is this happening frequently or was it just the one time?

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 6 (2,144 Views)

★★★ Newbie

While playing ranked it has only happened 3 times to me. It hasn't happened in normal matches. In the new gun game mode, it has happened once, although it did fix after I loaded back in the first time.

Message 3 of 6 (2,136 Views)

Community Manager

@alucardzu 

It's possible this is connection related. We can go through some connection troubleshooting if you like. What platform do you play on and is a wired or wireless connection being used?

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 6 (2,130 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Possibly I play on console specifically on a PlayStation 5 I play with a wired connection and had never had this issue. During the first time it happened towards me I closed the application twice then tested my internet and everything seemed to be normal connection wise and went back to load into my match and still was frozen in place. That happened 2 more times later on till I decided to play normal matches, and everything went back to normal. Till that one incident in gun game, but that was fixed after the first load in.

Message 5 of 6 (2,120 Views)

Community Manager

@alucardzu 

If it continues to happen, it would be good to power cycle your equipment. To do that, follow these steps: unplug your modem/router and console. After 2 minutes plug in the modem/router. Let them come back online completely. Then plug in your console and start it up. That may help. If you want to go through some more in-depth troubleshooting, reach out again and we can do that.

Aljo.png
Message 6 of 6 (2,113 Views)