game crashes on invite

★★★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number evga 1080 sc
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32gb
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? AFartWithExtra
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. doesn't matter
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? any
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? doesnt matter
Where did the issue occur? Returning to the lobby after a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. doesnt matter what part
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Game ends and squadmate sends invite to play. Error displays, and then goes to main load screen. I click play, and the "Initializing" sign pops up and then connection fails."
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? everytime someone i played with invites me to play
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) always
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Little to no impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? The game ends, and I try to return to the lobby. If I get back to the lobby before squadmates invite me to team up, I can accept their request. If they send the request anytime before I get back to the lobby, the game kicks me out to the main load screen (whether I interact with the invite or not). I then click Play, and Initializing shows for a few seconds and then I am told that I cannot connect. I have to pull up the Task Manager to exit the game and restart it, and by then, the request is long gone and the squadmates are in another match. Very frusterating. Makes me not want to play anymore (On top of the million other bugs I encounter daily that have been mention in forums and entirely ignored by the devs...)
What should be happening instead? I should be able to receive invites from squadmates to join up (whether I accept, decline, or completely ignore them) with out the game crashing everysingle time.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Receive invites from squadmates who aren't friends after the match ends before you return to the lobby.

Yikes... just another bug...

Message 1 of 1 (199 Views)