game crashes/glitches since update

by 107531kop

Original Post

game crashes/glitches since update

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure, on several pages of Sims communities/groups (oa Facebook) people report different things. In my case I cannot play the Goth family without several sims becoming invisible in the line-up in the lower left hand corner of the screen, actions in the queue are blank, ppl that turn up are completely invisible, saving or travelling doesn't work, sometimes you can't even load a lot/household.
What happens when the bug occurs? In my case I cannot play the Goth family without several sims becoming invisible in the line-up in the lower left hand corner of the screen, actions in the queue are blank, ppl that turn up are completely invisible, saving or travelling doesn't work, sometimes you can't even load a lot/household. Sims walk around completely naked (even after removing the mods and restarting the game they continued in the nude instead of underwear as the game commands). Sometimes it affects only 1 sim (in my case Mortimer Goth), then he goes back to normal, then the others in the household start glitching. If I want to close the game (with or without saving first) I have to go into my computer's Task Manager and force the game to close for it won't close itself.
What do you expect to see? No glitching at all. (with mods, I have done a full update/conflicting mods/game/cc check and everything is up to date there and since the glitches/bug appears without the mods/cc as well the problem isn't there but in the game itself).
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the last patch (early April 2020). I always repair the game after updating (I remove mods/cc before updating & repairing, check the game without them and then restart the game with the mods/cc re-added after checking the mods/cc have no problems).

I have already tried several things, including loading previous saves etc... Initially I thought it was caused by a broken mod/cc, removed those and tested without but it gave the same glitches/problems. In several Facebook Sims 4 communities fellow simmers report similar problems, but never used mods/cc, so it is a game-bug in my opinion.

Message 1 of 1 (321 Views)