[game breaking] 20 dead friends in relationship page = no living friends

by shhfiftyfive

Original Post

[game breaking] 20 dead friends in relationship page = no living friends

★ Guide

situation:

- get to the point where you have (20) dead/deceased friend on the relationship page.

(i have played many "lifetimes" using the same person using "potion of youth" over and over like a dozen times)

- now if i go meet new npc's, they only show up on the relationship page temporarily (for the remainder of that day, or until i load screen back home).

- the next day or when i get home, they all disappear from the list... leaving only the 20 dead (greyed out) friends.

- i repeat this process (go out and meet new friends and get really friendly with them (enchanting intro, and then mentor fitness at the gym are easiest ways to make relationships, or woohoo on first day)), and it will not let me keep any living friends on the relationship list. just always defaults to 20 dead ones.

game breaking part:

i cannot progress my career or aspirations.... because i cannot throw parties (which are required to get my job promotions and aspirations done) because when i try to book a party, i have no possible living guests to invite..

Message 1 of 8 (1,200 Views)

Re: [game breaking] 20 dead friends in relationship page = no living friends

★ Guide

please add this to the compiled list. it needs to be fixed. it is game breaking.

Message 2 of 8 (1,164 Views)

Hero

Added

Please do not rush me. I do not appreciate that at all. I do not work for EA and I do this in my spare time and sometimes I do have better things to do.

Please refert to this why it may take longer for me to add stuff:  http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Current-Status-Morning-Round-2014-09-11-DONE-gt-No-e...

Thank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 8 (1,147 Views)

★ Guide

apologies, and thank you.

i really hope the dev team can sort this out quick.

i was nearly 80% done with all achievements and now i feel there's no point in playing for several weeks/months til all these bugs get fixed.. then i'll have to start over completely because achievements are tied to households (instead of origin account or something), and i would need to create a new game to get past many current bugs.

Message 4 of 8 (1,127 Views)

Hero

Hope so too. 

Thing with bugs is they need to be able to reproduce in order to fix. So the more info, the better.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (1,116 Views)

Hero

@shhfiftyfive Is this still an issue for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (898 Views)

★ Guide

i honestly don't know. i haven't played the game since this occured near the game's launch date...

has there been any patch notes since then that would lead me to believe this issue was fixed?

Message 7 of 8 (895 Views)

Hero

Not everything is in the patch notes but they have fixed several things regarding ghosts and relationship which as a side effect could also have fixed this. 

I'm going through the list atm, trying to find out what's still an issue and what has been fixed.

I definitly had more then 20 Sims showing in my own relationship list so it's a bit odd that you had a limit. I also wonder if it's connected to the 20 dead Sims or if you actually had this issue: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/child-sims-can-not-make-friends/m-p/3509749 or the disappearing Sims issue, meaning do those Sims still exist in your game at all (the ones you loose the relationship to.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (891 Views)