furniture is disappearing

by gennyg420

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INFO] Counters disappear/NPC Stealing (Sharing is Caring active)

★ Novice

This is happening to me in random venues (not just my hometown) I can't adjust the NAPs as it's not my hometown. It's causing bars etc to be deemed incomplete as furniture keeps disappearing. 

Message 181 of 201 (775 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@TheArtsAddictYou have to try to find out who's stealing. Visit the venue and observe. It can be frustrating and time consuming but until you identify who the thief is, you won't know what neighborhood is tainted. After you identify who the sim or sims are, take control of a family in that neighborhood the thief lives and either repeal the NAP through mailbox voting or drop a billboard in a park of that neighborhood and either vote or cheat click insta repeal. Can be in the weirdest places. I thought I read somewhere that Strangerville could not be affected by NAP's but after seeing the library cleaned out, sure enough the NAP sharing is caring was enabled.

Message 182 of 201 (767 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

If anyone's still seeing this issue could you possibly share a save file where you've seen the issue occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 183 of 201 (736 Views)

furniture is disappearing

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? city living, cats and dogs, get famous, strangervile, dine out, discover university, eco lifestyle, get to work, island living, seasons, dream home decorator, outdoor retreat, realm of magic, parenthood, vampires, backyard stuff, laundry day stuff, moschino stuff pack, movie hangout stuff, my first pet stuff, paranormal stuff, tiny living, vintage glamour stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? try to create a restaurant and see if the table disappears after the sims are seated at their table or if furniture disappears after a sim uses it for example a counter top or television
What happens when the bug occurs? when the bug occurs furniture disappears from my sims house and restaurant.
What do you expect to see? furniture from my sims house and restaurant are disappearing out of no where. sims at the restaurant will be seated then the table and chairs disappear or counter tops from my sims house have disappeared are being used with no reasoning.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Furniture from my sims house and restaurant are disappearing out of no where. sims at the restaurant will be seated then the table and chairs disappear or counter tops from my sims house have disappeared are being used with no reasoning.

Message 184 of 201 (794 Views)

Re: furniture is disappearing

Hero
@gennyg420 Do you have the sharing is caring NAP active and Sims are stealing them ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 185 of 201 (752 Views)

Re: furniture is disappearing

Hero
@gennyg420 Did you get a chance to check if the NAP is active ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 186 of 201 (724 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@SimGuruNick I don't trust links. But I need EA Sims to fix this. It has been occurring for years now. I don't want to purchase any more packs. Like another player said, now I feel like I'm forcing myself to play. I don't like having my sims go anywhere because everything will disappear in front of me eventually. So frustrating. Why hasn't this been fixed. It has been causing issues for so long. Your team doesn't need to create anything else until you fix this bug!
Message 187 of 201 (592 Views)

sharing and caring

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Evry time when Sharing and Caring is active
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims steeling all stuf from bars night clubs and other community places
What do you expect to see? Enithing but to not to rearange bars night clubs and other community placess becose sims all stiling- REMOVE THIS SHARING AND CARING complete from game!!!  
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

FIX THIS PLEASE!!!!

Message 188 of 201 (532 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Counters disappear/NPC Stealing (Sharing is Caring active)

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? 100%
What is your current game version number? 65.0.704.1230?
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats&Dogs, City Living, Cottage Living, Eco Lifestyle, Get Together, Growing Together, 4 Seasons, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Fitness, Laundry Day, Tiny Living, Toddler, Country Kitchen, Desert Luxe, Incheon Arrivals, Pastel Pop
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 
What happens when the bug occurs? Visitors steal stuff, especially kitchen counters, but my pc, tv and baby beds keep disappearing too and i suspect them for it. Even Father Winter and other Sims who certainly don't have the cleptomanic trait steal multiple items every time. 
What do you expect to see? I want to play the game without constantly having to rebuy my items.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Not Sure

Message 189 of 201 (332 Views)

Sims Keep Stealing Everything from community lots

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Platform:Mac
What is your current game version number? 1.103.250.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City Living, Cottage Living, University, Eco Lifestyle, Get Famous, Get to work, Get together, growing together, high school, horse ranch, island living, seasons, snowy escape Dine out, dream home decorator, jungle adventure, wedding stories, outdoor retreat, parenthood, realm of magic, spa day, strangerville, werewolves Bowling stuff, tiny living, laundry day, outdoor playtime,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to any community lot
What happens when the bug occurs? NPC come into restaurant/bar/etc and steal stuff - everything. This empties the location of all tables, chairs, and more in a mere 1-3 minutes (real time). This issue makes it unplayable. We have disabled NPC voting on NAPs Removed all 'Sharing is caring' from EVERY neighborhood (even promenade). Checked to make sure the sims stealing things arern't Klepto's (none have been). We fully uninstalled/reinstalled the game. It is fully up to date. All repairs/patches are current. (Finished this all last night). This is our "Legacy" game, since 2017 - we really need this fixed, so we can continue with our families and houses.
What do you expect to see? I expect items to stay where they were, not being stolen the second my sim gets to a lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Here is the link to a Google drive with a video of what is occurring, my sims folder content, and my saves from the game. 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Zavf3dAD8PaiGRhsXHHVJ7QYbJR5NaZj?usp=sharing

Message 190 of 201 (231 Views)