by EA_Lanna

Original Post

Accepted Solution

furniture disappearing evey minute

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & dogs, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, City Living, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Outdoor Retread, Spa Day, Dine Out Tiny Living, Vintage Glamour, Laundry Day, Bowling Night, Backyard Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just by playing the game and having sims on your lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? The interaction 'Attempt to swipe item' is available to every sim even if they have no 'mischievous' skill. The consequence is that builds are being emptied of their furniture every minute of the game, and I must re-buy/refurnish them all the time. It is very annoying, sometimes you can't remember how you furnished a certain room for example. Since there is no option to fight the burglar or call the police it's even more frustrating.
What do you expect to see? The interaction 'attempt to swipe' should only when my sim has developed the mischievous skill. Otherwise, they shouldn't be able to swipe an item. I expect items to stop disappearing every minute of the game
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The bug started occurring either after the latest patch update or after installing Eco Lifestyle

I tested my sim, who has 0 mischievous skill, and at a lounge lot when I clicked on items the option 'attempt to swipe' appeared. That confirms the suspicion that the bug is sims having the option to steal items regardless of their mischievous skill.

Message 1 of 3 (471 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: furniture disappearing evey minute

Champion
@cabodelgado If you have Eco Lifestyle and your home neighbourhood has the Sharing is Caring NAP and so does the neighbourhood your sim is visiting, you will be allowed to steal because the feature of that NAP makes stealing legal for everyone. Not a bug.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (459 Views)

All Replies

Champion
@cabodelgado If you have Eco Lifestyle and your home neighbourhood has the Sharing is Caring NAP and so does the neighbourhood your sim is visiting, you will be allowed to steal because the feature of that NAP makes stealing legal for everyone. Not a bug.
Message 2 of 3 (460 Views)

Community Manager
Thanks @simvasion Standard smile I'll close this thread out here now. If there's any members who'd like to join in the discussion on this, please visit this thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-ECO-Objects-disappear-from-lots-NPC-Stealing-with-and/m-p...
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 3 of 3 (394 Views)