★★★ Newbie

Product: Madden NFL 20
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which console generation do you have? PlayStation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID?
Date/time issue occurred July 27 2019
What type of issue do you have? Crash/Freeze
Which mode has this happened in? Play Now
Summarize your bug All players and game just stop momentarily. The commentators keep on speaking but everything else freezes 3-10 seconds every single play and usually continues normally but the issue often persists throughout the game. The only issue post incident is button response times slow down - Once I've made all my adjustments and everyone on offense is set, I have to press X at least twice to snap the ball
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Don’t know
What happens when the bug occurs? All players and game just stop momentarily. The game does not crash and usually continues normally but the issue often persists throughout the game. The only issue post incident is button response times slow down - Once I've made all my adjustments and everyone on offense is set, I have to press X at least twice to snap ball.
What do you expect to see? Smooth gameplay
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Enter RAM memory size in GB

I’ve been trying to get in contact with somebody for days now

Message 1 of 19 (814 Views)

Re: freezing

★★★ Novice
@gallisantiago Nobody ever responds and it’s annoying. I’ve had this problem too.
Message 2 of 19 (778 Views)

Community Manager

@gallisantiago @bOomBear127 

If you ever need immediate help with our EA games please reach our Live-Support team at Help.EA.com for live-chat and phone support. We also have EA Help on Twitter, too. Our forums here are where players help players out. Forum Community Managers will do their best to reach out, but with hundreds of posts being created every hour we can't guarantee a swift response.

@gallisantiago 

Doesn't sound like an enjoyable experience to me though, have you tried reinstalling the game to see if that would help? Very possible a file may have been corrupted during the installation causing some technical issues.

If you have the game installed on an external hard drive, make sure there aren't files on both the internal and external drive. That can cause some weird performance issues.

Do you have Boost Mode enabled on your PS4 and is there plenty of space left on the hard drive? If the hard drive is nearly full that can cause some performance issues for hardware. Freeing up space should alleviate some stress.

Blueberry.png
Message 3 of 19 (749 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry I’ve tried those methods and once again the same result. It still freezes as soon as I take a snap and when the play is over.
Message 4 of 19 (726 Views)

Community Manager

@bOomBear127 

Do you have anything plugged into the USB slots on your console aside from a controller wire?

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 19 (709 Views)

★★★ Novice

Nothing is plugged in either. I think it might be something with PS4 but every other that I have are running smoothly and past Maddens’ have been running smoothly as well. I just don’t know what to do.

Message 6 of 19 (692 Views)

Community Manager

@bOomBear127 

I recommend unplugging an external hard drive after uninstalling the game, make sure there are no files on the internal once the external is unplugged. Power cycle your console and attempt to install again on the internal. It sounds very much like some corrupted files from the installation causing this.

Power Cycle

1. Touch the power button on the front of the PS4 for at least 7 seconds (until the system beeps twice).
  2. Turn it back on after 1 minute. Launch the game.
Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 19 (681 Views)

★★★ Novice

Is there a step by step process I can see or a video I can view, so I can understand the process? Because I’m kind of confused on what to do.

Message 8 of 19 (671 Views)

★★★ Novice

I don’t have an external hard drive. What should I do? It still freezes. 

Message 9 of 19 (637 Views)

★★★ Novice

I need help; can you provide me with a solution?

Message 10 of 19 (619 Views)