Re: freezing

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

Community Manager

@bOomBear127 

Do you have the latest PS4 Software Update and have you tried reinstalling the game yet?

Blueberry.png
Message 11 of 19 (403 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yep I’ve had the latest update and I’ve try to re-install and the problem is still there. I think it may be with how you mentioned files had been corrupted while the game was downloading because the power had went out a couple of times, resulting the PlayStation to be automatically turned off while the game is downloading. Is there any way to get rid of all such files? I’ve tried to delete all the files downloaded and I’ve tried to re-install the game, but no luck. 

Message 12 of 19 (397 Views)

Community Manager

@bOomBear127 

With the power going out during the installation that sounds like a possible reason why it's freezing up. If you haven't power cycled your network yet, unplug the internet power for about 5 minutes in case there is some connectivity issue while the game is being downloaded.

Here is how to check for corrupted files:

1. Step 1: Go to Settings -> System Storage Management -> Saved Data -> Media Player.
  2. Step 2: Enter into the Media player folder, there should be a 'corrupt data' saved file that shows up.
  3. Step 3: Press the Options button and delete the saved corrupt data file.
  4. Step 4: Now exit.
Blueberry.png
Message 13 of 19 (391 Views)

★★★ Novice

I’ve never had media player ever downloaded. Is that a problem?

Message 14 of 19 (381 Views)

★★★ Novice

I cannot find the corrupt data file. I never had the media player in the first place. I don’t know what to do now.

Message 15 of 19 (377 Views)

★★★ Novice

Is there a process where you guys can go on my account and delete the corrupted data. I’m on PS4 and my username is: xxKing_Nike22xx

Message 16 of 19 (372 Views)

Community Manager

@bOomBear127 

I'm very sorry to hear this still hasn't been fixed for you yet. We want to make sure you can jump in and play the game right away. Please reach out to our Live-Support team at Help.EA.com so they can walk you through these troubleshooting steps.

Click here to contact an EA Advisor

Blueberry.png
Message 17 of 19 (353 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Blueberry Did this ever get fixed?
Message 18 of 19 (301 Views)

Community Manager

@gs9yolo16 

I'm not sure what the outcome was for @bOomBear127 when contacting Support. If you're on PS4 as well and experiencing slow gameplay during play please contact our Live-Support team or EA Help on Twitter if you're not able to fix this through the troubleshooting steps we've gone over in the post. The team is aware of freezing at the main menu and is looking to address that, but in terms of what these two forum users mentioned we're not seeing any widespread reports around it. 

Blueberry.png
Message 19 of 19 (275 Views)