first gen retired sim stuck in current gen

by Fuzzernutter

Original Post

Accepted Solution

first gen retired sim stuck in current gen

★ Expert

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) zte max blue
OS Version 7
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003689975665
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know. see below
What do you expect to see? fix if there is one
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA
Additional feedback

I have a retired sim that is stuck in my family portrait as current generation ( gen 4) when he was my first retired sim. He should be listed in first gen with his wife.  He still has the move out option. I have a sim I just retired that went to second gen. This retired sim who belongs in first gen is not appearing in my game other than the portrait as current 4th gen with a move out option. It's not effecting my game. I thought I would just report this as a bug should others have same issue. 

Message 1 of 9 (558 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: first gen retired sim stuck in current gen

★ Expert

@Phantomlover1717 I decided to test the move out and it worked. He took his place as first gen. So at least we know what to do if someone else has this issue

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (592 Views)

All Replies

Could you share some screenshots?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 9 (547 Views)

★ Expert

you can see where he is stuck in current generation. Also a picture of his wife in first generation

Message 3 of 9 (533 Views)

What happens when you move that Sim out?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 4 of 9 (523 Views)

★ Expert

I don't want to move him out because he won't be on the family tree if I do. If I have to get rid of him to test it out I will , just say the word. He already left me his heirlooms. He should have taken his place as first gen. It seems to be a bug

More info. When I retired him, he did not show up in the family portrait. When I retired his wife is when he showed up in the family portrait with her as current. When his wife left the game she took her place as first gen. He is stuck and can't move on LOL. Have they added ghosts that I don't know about. 

Message 5 of 9 (520 Views)

Oh that's right. Hm, is your game fully updated (you might need to refresh the update page)?

We had a similar issue before the last update, so maybe that's the way to fix it?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 6 of 9 (515 Views)

★ Expert

Game is fully updated. Shut down restart, pulled sd card etc. It's been like this for over a week. I was waiting and hoping that when I retired the next sim who left the game today, Joe would move on and take his place but noooooo. The sim who left the game today move to second gen which is accurate. It's just Joe who is stuck and can't move on . I see that other people are posting they have elders stuck for different reasons so I wonder if this is all related. 

Message 7 of 9 (509 Views)

★ Expert

@Phantomlover1717 I decided to test the move out and it worked. He took his place as first gen. So at least we know what to do if someone else has this issue

Message 8 of 9 (593 Views)

★ Expert

Message 9 of 9 (477 Views)