by elcapii0901

Original Post

face of the franchise bugs

★★ Novice

Product: Madden NFL 23
Platform:PlayStation 5
Which console generation do you have? Sony PlayStation 5
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? elcapii0901
Date/time issue occurred 1/20/23 (one of many occasions)
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
Which mode has this happened in? Face of the Franchise
Summarize your bug Basically I picked a halfback as my position and most times I log on to face of the franchise it sets me to a beginner QB with no skills or x factor.rhis causes me to have to reset my ENTIRE carrer. The only thing that makes it barrable is that i keep my skills and x factor. BUT it resets my story all the way to the start the fact that i bought this game 2 weeks ago and that i have been met only with bugs on bugs on bugs l, just doesn't make sense to me. I bought ALL MADDEN to play my favorite sport on my PS5 and it is FAR from meeting my expectations.
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It usually just happens randomly so Idk.
What happens when the bug occurs? It makes me restart form the beginning of the story and it makes me pick my offer, and set my outfit.
What do you expect to see? This issue fixed and some skill points.
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Enter RAM memory size in GB

This issue ( according to my information) has only happened to me and I am disappointed as this has been happening along with other bugs and it has not stopped. And the fact I bought ALL MADDEN to be met with this is unreal. And also it's crazy how I can't even play with my friends on PS4 come on bro.

Message 231 of 386 (453 Views)

Re: face of the franchise bugs

★★★ Newbie

This is where i am as well. i can not get past this. th onyl part of the game i want to play and its not functioning. 

Message 232 of 386 (426 Views)

Re: Face of The Franchise positions changing

★★★★★ Newbie

This has happened to me 4 times so far.  Luckily the WR stats are reset.  However, constantly having to star from a brand new game file as a WR over and over is very frustrating.  I keep trying to push past it in hopes that when this is fixed I might have a 99 overall WR and actually complete a season with him.

PLEASE FIX THIS EA SPORTS!

Message 233 of 386 (423 Views)

FOF

★★★★★ Newbie

Almost finished my 1st season as a HB and after a game my player switched to QB and back to 0 stats upgraded with no upgrades available. It still has HB under the profile picture but the abilities screen shows QB and back to level 1

Message 234 of 386 (431 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have had the same problem on several occasions. While playing and 13 games into a season as an LB, I loaded up the game next time I wanted to play and my LB save file was now under my QB save slot, which erased my existing QB save file, on which I was on my second season. 

On another occasion, I was 5 games into playing as an LB and again, my save file moved to the QB slot. 

On both occasions, I would still be an LB in game but my X factor was a QB skill and any skill points I wanted to upgrade were only for QBs. This also moved my overall ranking back down to a 73 vs the 86 I was at as an LB. 

This is absolutely ridiculous. I will not be buying another copy of Madden EVER. 

Message 235 of 386 (659 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Horgan821 My cornerback was 99 now I’m a 90 quarterback
Message 236 of 386 (615 Views)

Re: FOTF changed my position!!

★★★★★ Newbie

This work around works… until the game inevitably crashes one time and you have to reset. So despite all the effort to work around this, it can still catch you. 

Message 237 of 386 (585 Views)

Re: FOTF changed my position!!

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: Madden NFL 23
PlatformPC
Which console generation do you have? N/A Windows 10 PC
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Tnafnelam

Date/time issue occurred: Approximately 7:45am 1/26/23
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
Which mode has this happened in? Face of the Franchise
Summarize your bug: Just played my Regular Season Week 1 game, and had massive gains in performance, but my FotF HB became a QB and I lost all progress.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play face of the franchise at any position other than quarterback
What happens when the bug occurs? described above
What do you expect to see? My player being a Halfback in the upgrade menu and this bug finally getting fixed after 5 months of continuous reports from everyone
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here. N/A
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER

Enter RAM memory size in GB 79.93GB

Message 238 of 386 (573 Views)

Face of the franchise positions changing

★★★★★ Newbie

What is your gamertag/PSN ID? J03_mama0001
Date/time issue occurred Everytime I play face of the franchise
Summarize your bug I want to play as corner back so I selected it and played two games but after the second game it said I leveled up as a quarter back and I thought it was just a visual glitch at first but then I went to add skill points but they were all for the quarter back position and not the position I play. PLEASE FIX THIS SOON
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just play face of the franchise for a while in any position except quarterback
What happens when the bug occurs? I basically lose any chance of progressing as the position I was playing in
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to continue playing and upgrading my position to continue to succeed and grow.

What is your gamertag/PSN ID? J03_mama0001
Date/time issue occurred Pretty much everytime I log off of face of the franchise and sometimes while I’m even playing it.
Summarize your bug I chose to play as a WR at least four times and everytime it changes me to a QB but I still play as a WR. It changes my rating and I can only add my skill points to QB but that’s the postition I’m not even playing as. I tried other positions it did the same thing.
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Choose WR or any other position that isn’t QB. Play on it for a while and wait until it does it after a game or close the game and load it back up.
What happens when the bug occurs? I can no longer add skill points to my position because the game thinks I’m a QB yet I still play as WR.
What do you expect to see? I expect to still have the rating I earned. Still be titled as my positon, still be able to add skill points to the position I chose, and to still have all of my progress as when I left off.

Message 239 of 386 (452 Views)

Re: Face of the franchise switched from Vikings to Chargers

★★★ Newbie
@3kw3kytnrncr You may have been traded
Message 240 of 386 (518 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help