by summerpoesje

Original Post

Entertainment Career: Sim doesn't go back to work after fame opportuntiy

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.76.81.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? get to work, get together, island living, seasons, city living, discover university, get famous outdoor retreat, jungle adventure, realm of magic, parenthood, strangerville, spa day bowling night stuff, cool kitchen stuff, fitness, tiny living, perfect patio, toddler stuff, vintage glamour stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have a sim with the musical genius aspiration, he started the entertainment career, at level 2 he gets an opportunity (I don't remember the exact text) that a scout is there and I have the option to either go off stage (and life will continue as normal) or do an encore number to get 1 fame star and immediately level up to c-artist. When I choose the encore number, the sim never goes back to work. I quit the career and restarted it, but after getting the opportunity again, I took the same option with the same result. I recently installed the game on a new pc, it's never been installed on this pc before, I don't have any mods installed and I created a new family.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I choose to do an encore number, when my sim gets home from work, he still has the icons as if he is still at work. After restarting the game, the icons are gone, but when I check the work panel, it keeps saying that my sim has a day off and I can not get him to go back to work. I tried calling sick, I had maternity leave, but afterwards, it keeps saying that my sim has the day off.
What do you expect to see? my sim coming home as normal and going back to work the next day
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template , added adjusted title

Message 1 of 5 (562 Views)

Re: entertainer career bugged after receiving fame opportunity

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

I had something similar happen to my Sim before the last patch (so I don't know if the behavior has changed since then).  He got his career card, was instantly promoted, and didn't come home.  Finally, a couple of hours after he was supposed to come home I "brought him home early" and he still had the Work Tones icon over his profile pic.  He didn't want to go to work after that because he thought he was already there. 

This did go away after I stopped the game and restarted. 

Message 2 of 5 (536 Views)

Hero
@summerpoesje To be sure, you had a icon for stuck at work, not just a greyed out Sim like this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-Sims-Icon-greyed-out-no-at-work-symbol/td-p/9207...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 5 (513 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict no, he wasn't grayed out, I could still play with that sim.
Message 4 of 5 (490 Views)

Hero
@summerpoesje That sounds like something new then. Was that the only opportunity you had issues with ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (483 Views)