Re: dont get xp in battlepass or normal lvl keep going backwards!?

by EA_David

Original Post

Re: Battle Pass isn't leveling up!

★★★ Novice
@EA_David Hey we’re getting the xp but that’s not what we’re complaining about... it’s the fact that our battle pass isn’t giving us rewards and we want them
Message 151 of 273 (1,528 Views)

Re: Battle Pass Wont Work

★★★ Newbie

Same. I actually got to level 4 on my season 3 battle pass a total of 4 times and it just resets me back to level 3 on my home screen. Tried closing the app on my ps4, tried resetting ps4, nothing has helped. 

Message 152 of 273 (1,527 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So it looks like its the Match Summary that is going bonkers.  The Challenges XP progress is working correctly. 

At first I was used to the amount of XP I was getting in Season 2 but that was after all the 300% plus bonus and then going back to starting a new Season its back to low XP per match so it does take longer to gain those levels again..

Message 153 of 273 (1,556 Views)

★★ Novice
Same here
Message 154 of 273 (1,638 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

This will be a bit of a long one, i picked some cases to look at. The short of it is that the Match Summary is very misleading right now, but progress does appear to be actually tracking correctly.

@NCStraightedge If you're level 5, that indicates you have't completed a +1BP weekly yet. So you have earned 4 levels from grinding. So that'll be 9k+18k+27k+36K for 90k, and add the 24.491K in that you've grinded towards your next level. That comes to 114,491 XP earned. 

So split among 61 games and that's 1876 XP per match. That's a pretty normal average, taking into account your good matches and those games where it's a quick supply train cluster-foxtrot.

@TheOmBoy Hey, please ignore the Match Summaries, they're very bugged right now. Progress does seem to be correctly tracking, if you check your challenges section. I even got a fake level myself last night, but my actual progress tracked fine. 

@OnajeR2 Hey, i see you have some levels since making the post. At the time of the post, you were still level 9, but as mentioned the Match Summary screen is misleading at the moment. 

@5a07230fea1cf0dd6a5f58a9d3772204 The Match Summary bar resets, or pretends you're on BP level 1, or gives fake levels. This is is a clear source of misinformation, and leading to a lot of reasonable confusion. If you click your See All Challenges bar on the main page, you should see your BP progress properly tracked. 

@tigerxy12 Each week there's a grind bar for XP/Stars. After you get a few levels during a week, the amount needed for the next level goes up a lot, and 15 matches with 5 wins might not be enough to grind out a level, if you have a few done already this week. An image of your Challenges page would reveal more, if you can grab a shot. 

@w0lf_Midnight Hey, as mentioned this is super-bugged right now, and confusion is absolutely warranted. Until this is fixed it's best to ignore the summary screen.

@KdThePunchBoi Thank you for the images, this is actually a perfect example of what's wrong here. Your Match Summary is lying (yeah I'm ascribing intent to it now), saying that you're partway through BP level 1, with a 9k grind. So each time you have a quite good game it probably tells you that you earned a level. 

However in reality You had only earned 3 levels, one for grinding 9K XP, one for 18K XP, and one for 27K XP. After your post you would have properly earned another level after another 4380XP, as you'd have hit 36K XP. This bar would then reset and it'd be 45K for the next level this week. 

@104549 From what I've seen everyone is getting the appropriate BP content, they're just getting bad info about what level they should be. If you've hit a BP level and don't have a reward, can you make a separate thread about it?

If anyone's unfamiliar with how the weekly grind challenges work, you can find more info here: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/apex-legends/news/battle-pass-challenges-details

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 155 of 273 (1,621 Views)

Re: Battle Pass Wont Work

★★★ Newbie

Mine is stuck also

Message 156 of 273 (1,586 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_David wrote:

This will be a bit of a long one, i picked some cases to look at. The short of it is that the Match Summary is very misleading right now, but progress does appear to be actually tracking correctly.

@NCStraightedge If you're level 5, that indicates you have't completed a +1BP weekly yet. So you have earned 4 levels from grinding. So that'll be 9k+18k+27k+36K for 90k, and add the 24.491K in that you've grinded towards your next level. That comes to 114,491 XP earned. 

So split among 61 games and that's 1876 XP per match. That's a pretty normal average, taking into account your good matches and those games where it's a quick supply train cluster-foxtrot.

@TheOmBoy Hey, please ignore the Match Summaries, they're very bugged right now. Progress does seem to be correctly tracking, if you check your challenges section. I even got a fake level myself last night, but my actual progress tracked fine. 

@OnajeR2 Hey, i see you have some levels since making the post. At the time of the post, you were still level 9, but as mentioned the Match Summary screen is misleading at the moment. 

@5a07230fea1cf0dd6a5f58a9d3772204 The Match Summary bar resets, or pretends you're on BP level 1, or gives fake levels. This is is a clear source of misinformation, and leading to a lot of reasonable confusion. If you click your See All Challenges bar on the main page, you should see your BP progress properly tracked. 

@tigerxy12 Each week there's a grind bar for XP/Stars. After you get a few levels during a week, the amount needed for the next level goes up a lot, and 15 matches with 5 wins might not be enough to grind out a level, if you have a few done already this week. An image of your Challenges page would reveal more, if you can grab a shot. 

@w0lf_Midnight Hey, as mentioned this is super-bugged right now, and confusion is absolutely warranted. Until this is fixed it's best to ignore the summary screen.

@KdThePunchBoi Thank you for the images, this is actually a perfect example of what's wrong here. Your Match Summary is lying (yeah I'm ascribing intent to it now), saying that you're partway through BP level 1, with a 9k grind. So each time you have a quite good game it probably tells you that you earned a level. 

However in reality You had only earned 3 levels, one for grinding 9K XP, one for 18K XP, and one for 27K XP. After your post you would have properly earned another level after another 4380XP, as you'd have hit 36K XP. This bar would then reset and it'd be 45K for the next level this week. 

@104549 From what I've seen everyone is getting the appropriate BP content, they're just getting bad info about what level they should be. If you've hit a BP level and don't have a reward, can you make a separate thread about it?

If anyone's unfamiliar with how the weekly grind challenges work, you can find more info here: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/apex-legends/news/battle-pass-challenges-details

Thank you for looking into it! Thanks for the help what you've said seems right to me. I'm sure in time the match summary will be corrected, until then I'm levelling up and getting rewards so I'm happy! 

Message 157 of 273 (1,568 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

thanks for looking into it.thing is i got a lot of xp for winning games or at least ending top 3 which means tons of xp and yet bar was reseting at 7k xp dunno whats wrong 

Message 158 of 273 (1,559 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_David after match result xp was in one game and then the next one
Message 159 of 273 (1,555 Views)

[ Edited ]

@EA_David wrote:

Ahhhh..... And there was me thinking I was doing unbelievably well with all the level ups noises i was getting in match summary :eahigh_file: 

Have to put this oversight down to over excitement Large smile

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 160 of 273 (1,553 Views)