Re: dont get xp in battlepass or normal lvl keep going backwards!?

by ilgviruz122

Original Post

Accepted Solution

dont get xp in battlepass or normal lvl keep going backwards!?

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number evga 1080 ftw
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16g
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Fekxzer
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. KinglistDK
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? all of them
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? alle of them
Where did the issue occur? Returning to the lobby after a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. in the menu
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. no
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? from start
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 02-10-2019
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Minor impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? can't get my xp in the battlepass and i keep going backwards
What should be happening instead? getting my xp
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? just get some xp and you can se it ? going backwards?

i can't get my xp in the battlepass and i keep going backwards ?? hope you know it ? have only get 2 lvl for 3 hours gaming ? and its going for 27000 xp to 15000 og lower?????

Message 4 of 273 (7,449 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi again all. 

UPDATE: This issue has now been resolved, progress should be displaying correctly again for everyone, and progress is being accurately tracked. Thank you for your help with looking into this.

I want to restate again, the Match Summary page is broken at the moment, and this is being investigated. It's giving the wrong information about where you are in your progression. Because of this it may look like your progression is stalled, or it'll tell you that you've earned levels when you have not. Please don't use this page to track your progress, until this is fixed. 

This doesn't mean that progress is being lost, it seems to be tracking correctly, and your progress is safe.

You can accurately track your progress if you return to the main page and click "See All Challenges". 

Calculating your BP level

This page has a few things that'll help you track your progress. 

• Your weekly recurring challenges to complete 5 and 10 daily challenges. Pretty straight-forward, you can see here if you've hit the milestones for the week.
  • Your weekly challenges. Some of these reward XPand 3 per week will give a whole BP level on completion.
  • Most critically, at the top of the page will be your XP grind bar. Every week this resets to 9K XP, and when you complete a level it will require another 9K XP for the following level, up to 54k. So if you've completed 3 levels on this bar (9K+18K+27K) the next level will require 36K XP. More details of the system can be found here: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/apex-legends/news/battle-pass-challenges-details

(for simplicity's sake we've conflated stars and XP, but the link above gives more info)

This means you can track your progress on the See all Challenges page. If you add up your weekly challenges that give +1 BP levels, and then compare that to the grind bar, you can see what level you should be at. 

Sample case for calculating BP level: In this case we'll assume an account has finished 5 dailies, 2 of the +1BP weeklies and the XP grind bar is showing, say, 25,000/36,000. This account will have 3 levels from weekly challenges, and 3 levels from the grind bar, bringing them to level 7. They next will get a level when they gain another 11,000 XP, complete 5 more daily challenges, or complete the last +1BP weekly challenge.

Stalled Progression: Some folks are saying the progression is stalled, a reasonable thing to think when the Match Summary is saying so. However as mentioned this page is misleading right now. To track your progress, you can check your Challenges page before and after every match, and the XP should be added normally. If you have evidence of XP not being added to this bar after completing a match (images of the bar before and after a match, and the score summary, would be best), please flag it to us and we'll look into it. 
Thanks again to everyone for the posts, and sorry for the confusion caused by this. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 210 of 273 (6,723 Views)

All Replies

Battle Pass Wont Work

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Slim
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? GarbageLumi
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. The level up screen
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Trying to level up
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 2
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I dont GET WHAT IM PAYING FOR. The xp amount I have to get goes up but I get no levels or rewards in the battle pass
What should be happening instead? I SHOULD BE LEVELING UP AND GETTING MY STUFF
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I DONT KNOW

Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Its every area
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. It happens every game I level up in
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 2, then I leveled up and got no level or rewards
What happens when the bug occurs? EVERY TIME MY BATTLE PASS LEVELS UP I GET NO REWARDS AND IT STAYS AT LEVEL 1 BUT THE AMOUNT OF EXPERIENCE I HAVE TO GET GOES UP THIS IS CRAP
What should be happening instead? I should be getting the items I paid for and getting the levels im earning
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? How would I know

Message 1 of 273 (7,500 Views)

Re: Battle Pass Wont Work

★★★ Newbie

I really need help getting this fixed

Message 2 of 273 (7,494 Views)

Battle pass won't level up

★★★ Newbie

Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Level up screen
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Leveling up
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 2
What happens when the bug occurs? I don't level up. I really need this to be fixed I didn't spend money for it to not let me level up. My xp bar fills up and it says level 2 then I go to the menu to queue up and it still says level 1 and I don't have the gun tag i was supposed to get
What should be happening instead? I should be leveling up and getting my rewards
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know

I have none

Message 3 of 273 (7,430 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Fekxzer same here plz fix
Message 5 of 273 (7,386 Views)

★★★ Novice

It keeps happening to me and I’m on Xbox one

Message 6 of 273 (7,379 Views)

Re: Battle pass won't level up

★★ Novice

Ive got the exact same problem on Xbox one. Season 3 battle pass levels up after match but not on home screen so dont get the rewards. It finally hot to level 2 but same problem has occurred since after around 7 - 10 games.

Message 7 of 273 (7,411 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@benbud01I guess we just waisted $30 on the PBP to get 25 tiers

Message 8 of 273 (7,406 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@benbud01 Same is happening to me too, been playing since the download dropped and I’m only battle pass level 3, keeps telling me I’ve levelled up. Completed all daily challenges, gone up and do level and 2 of the weekly challenges
Message 9 of 273 (7,403 Views)

Not getting battle pass tiers

★★★ Novice

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One S
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? viruz122
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Mirage
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. After match
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Match summary
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 15-20
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 01.10.19 03:20
What happens when the bug occurs? I don’t get any tiers
What should be happening instead? Getting my tiers
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Battle pass tiers

I’m not getting any tiers and I should be at tier 35 by now 

Message 10 of 273 (7,367 Views)