dark shadow and light problem on the ground during the game after the lastupdate

by norepent

Original Post

Accepted Solution

dark shadow and light problem on the ground during the game after the lastupdate

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number nvidia rtx 2070
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? [edit: email address removed]
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. anywhere
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. i am playing game
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? all games
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue?
What happens when the bug occurs? there is a dark image over the objects on the floor in the game, sometimes there is a dark mirror in the image
What should be happening instead? colors must be beautiful Standard smile
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It can be tested on a computer with rtx 2070 graphics card

A dark shadow is watching me at the moment of the game. Objects on the ground are left in the dark. Whatever setting I do, I couldn't fix it. The image is good on my laptop nvidia 1650 video card but the problem occurred on my desktop computer after the last update. my video card nvdia rtx 2070

Message 1 of 18 (16,029 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: dark shadow and light problem on the ground during the game after the lastup

Community Manager

Hey @norepent

I've seen this come up several times recently. Usually repairing the game in Origin will help fix it. If you right-click on Apex Legends in your Origin library you'll see a Repair option when the menu pops up. 

Let me know if that helps. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 18 (15,969 Views)

All Replies

Re: dark shadow and light problem on the ground during the game after the lastup

Community Manager

Hey @norepent

I've seen this come up several times recently. Usually repairing the game in Origin will help fix it. If you right-click on Apex Legends in your Origin library you'll see a Repair option when the menu pops up. 

Let me know if that helps. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 18 (15,970 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

thank you, after doing the repair,  downloaded about 18 gb file and everything returned to normal. thanks for answering

Message 3 of 18 (15,940 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@EA_Kent What if repair isnt an option and you're having this error?
Message 4 of 18 (15,888 Views)

Community Manager

@JISKR wrote:
@EA_Kent What if repair isnt an option and you're having this error?

Is the game downloading an update? Usually the Repair option would only be blocked out if the game is in the process of updating. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 5 of 18 (15,844 Views)

★ Novice
yes it downloaded about 18 gb file, after the repair process ended, everything returned to normal
Message 6 of 18 (15,832 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

no its not updating. when i try to click repair it doesnt do anything.

Message 7 of 18 (15,798 Views)

Community Manager

@JISKR wrote:

no its not updating. when i try to click repair it doesnt do anything.

Hmm, that sounds like it could be an issue with the Origin cache. Can you try clearing the cache to see if that helps? You can find more info on how to clear it over at the EA Help site

Let me know if it's still not letting your repair after that. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 8 of 18 (15,530 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Kent What if your on console
Message 9 of 18 (11,989 Views)

Community Manager

@xsalvadorsolis 

On consoles I'm afraid there isn't a repair option like the Origin client. If you're running into this same issue you may need to uninstall and reinstall the game itself. If that's something you're able to try let me know if you're still seeing the same issue afterward. 

Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 10 of 18 (11,742 Views)