Re: constantly 3+ symbol with my characters in the home menu

by WikeMeisenburg

Original Post

constantly 3+ symbol with my characters in the home menu

★ Novice
Star Wars Galaxie of Heros

I constantly see a 3 symbol with my characters in the home menu, however, I cannot finds an update. What could that be?
Message 1 of 7 (700 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The issue is what I like to call sub-crafting. This happens when a component that is needed to craft can be sub-crafted from inside the component listing for the crafting object. This also happens when there is an item that can be upgraded by crafting. Would be nice is there was an easier way to identify the item or sub-item that needs attention. You have to go through each item manually to find an active green plus sign or active craft button to upgrade. 

Message 2 of 7 (663 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I did that and still have the character 3 thing happening. Could there be another solution?
Message 3 of 7 (632 Views)

★ Apprentice
Same here. I'm sure it's something simple like the sub crafting that's available, but the red number drives my OCD nuts. It's an open task that I must complete, but I can't find it!
Message 4 of 7 (607 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

You have to look deep in each gear slot for the green plus sign or the active craft button. It won't always be obvious as some craft objects can be made by crafting sub-craft objects and some are somewhat hidden if the crafting requires more than 3 objects (you have to scroll down on the crafting side to see it). Attached is an example of my Ewok Scout which on the surface appears to need nothing. But if you look at his MK2 Biotech Implant it can be upgraded  by sub crafting. In this case on the surface you wouldn't know but if you open the implant you see an active craft button. Hope that makes sense. 

image.png
image.png
Message 5 of 7 (604 Views)

★★★ Novice

So you're saying the number represents gear you can CRAFT? Even if no characters can currently equip that gear? If that's the case, that's awful design. That little red number subconsciously tells the user that something needs to be done. But different gear uses the same parts, so you don't want to craft anything you don't currently need.

Message 6 of 7 (576 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Confirmed.  I had to go through just about every single slot on every single character before i found it on my Ugnaught.

Message 7 of 7 (490 Views)