certain debug items won't save to library

by kamillenweiss

Original Post

certain debug items won't save to library

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every single one
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Select items like the chopsticks, cutlery, plates and pots/pans from the debug menu, add them to a room/lot, save the room/lot to the library and place the room/lot from the library.
What happens when the bug occurs? Specific debug items (like the above mentioned for example) will not save to the library, even if they are slotted to surfaces etc. They do not show up in the preview and they do not show up when placed.
What do you expect to see? Debug items should save to the library and place properly.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hi! I've been having this problem where some debug items just will not save to my library. It works fine for some items and the doesn't work at all for others.

Message 1 of 4 (1,101 Views)

Re: certain debug items won't save to library

★★★ Newbie

Is there a way to fix this? I have the same problem when I try to save a room with debug items 

Message 2 of 4 (867 Views)

★ Guide

All the dishes/plates/cups/pots/pans in debug are not truly empty, those are tied to meals that are cooked/served in them so when left in live mode they spoil and get cleaned up by sims like any other dirty dish would.
If your sim eats a meal and leaves a plate on the table, then you try to save the room into library - it won't have the plate on the table.

As for  flowers/bushes/foliage from debug, it all have seasonal variants.
For example debug mushrooms from CoL fully disappear in every season except summer (and maybe fall I don't remember for sure).
So if you export/import the same lot/room in a different season, it looks accordingly.

Message 3 of 4 (749 Views)

Hero
Just want to reference the ancient thread on this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/ARCHIVED-Debug-objects-that-get-removed-by-gallery/td-p/447624... which I archived.

Using this a new thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (728 Views)