Original Post

cant play any game mode besides easy mode

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: Anthem
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. basically any mission i play or freeplay
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) ever since i've been playing the game
Summarize your bug i am able to play easy mode but as soon as i touch normal and higher my javlin automatically gets melted by any one
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? i think this is on all javlins but i main an Interceptor so basically just playing interceptor and setting the difficutly on just anything besides easy and you'll see a great difference between enemies on easy mode and then every other mode im a legendary interceptor at 533
What happens when the bug occurs? i can definitely without a doubt in my mind see dat damage GREATLY SPIKES UP so high dat even normal enemies versus a 533 legendary interceptor still wreck the interceptor
What should be happening instead? well since this a power level game i thought enemies on my power level should be doing equal damage to me but not shredding through me unless it's a very big enemy and enemies below me should barely if at all do damage to me

i believe i've said everything ik about the bug

Message 1 of 3 (450 Views)

Re: cant play any game mode besides easy mode

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Interceptor is pretty easy on normal. Trickier on higher difficulty. You need to stack armor rather than the shield and go for skills that fill up your armor/life on kill, that way it is easier. Also you need to use evasion alot if you would like to stay alive.

Additionally you need to keep checking your shield. When it is down you have to hide or you´ll go down too fast, on gm1+ that was (for me).

I felt the same way on GM3 though with 700+ GS I died way too often but thats rather me being slow, forgetting to use evasion etc. Although imho all classes but one that can go melee are way too squishy (even more so on bosses who are randomly targeting everyone). If you dont use charge, evasion and cover approaching the enemy you'll most likely die before you reach it. Thats why charge is the way to go (with an Interceptor anyways).

Interceptor is basicly, charge, use the skill that lowers enemies armor/resistance (forgot the name) and then melee frenzy with special attacks in between +life on kill gear.

I know it doesnt help you but can solo most GM2 quests on my interceptor and that even though I'm a rather bad fps player who just liked Anthem because flight brought a nice addition to the gameplay. If a really bad fps player like me can manage than I thought it would be a breeze for everyone else. If not then I'm afraid the game is not to blame.

Message 2 of 3 (405 Views)
Highlighted

Re: cant play any game mode besides easy mode

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Sleepwalker_VIE this is a bug that nerfs the players hp/shields/attack damage making it virtually impossible2 actually fight anything on the higher difficulty modes atleast 4 me this was fixed a lil on may29th unfortunately it's ongoing and im still having the same issues but just with gm2 or gm 3 so i've just been kinda stuck enjoying only gm1 im 840 as of right now all i can do is hope they fix these bugs4 not only just me but everybody else so they can enjoy all the modes they have and its been dis way 4 me since the day i brought this game which was just a month after launch
Message 3 of 3 (305 Views)