by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

can't make strawberry jam

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.86.166.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, All game packs except Star War, All Stuff packs except Fitness
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a game with a sim with high cooking skill. Try to make strawberry jam.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing at all.
What do you expect to see? I expect to make strawberry jam.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I just can't make strawberry jam. I can make other canned goods, just not strawberry. How bizarre!

Only happening in my current save. Can make this jam in other saves.

I do have the right ingredients.

Message 1 of 8 (693 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: can't make strawberry jam

★★ Guide

There's sugar in her inventory and in the fridge, strawberries in the fridge.

I tried again just now and she is able to make it. Not sure if it's from saving and exiting a few times or something else. Pretty strange.

View in thread

Message 7 of 8 (492 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@Jessycaz Do you not have the option, is it greyed out or do you experience a reset ?

Can other Sims make it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (638 Views)

★★ Guide

The option is there, and there isn't even a reset. The rest of my Sim's action queue stays the same, just "Make strawberry jam" never gets added to it.

I didn't try it with other sims until just now. The dad in my save can make strawberry jam. How very strange! It's literally just my main Sim.

Message 3 of 8 (612 Views)

Hero
@Jessycaz What traits does the Sim that can't do it have ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (560 Views)

★★ Guide

Her traits: Genius, High Maintenance, Family Oriented, Responsible, Good Manners, Storm Chaser Sim, Observant, Emotional Control, Paranormal Investigator, Great Kisser, Compassionate, Speed Cleaner, Brave, Hero of Strangerville, Fertile, Always Welcome, Home Turf, Gregarious, Alluring

Message 5 of 8 (538 Views)

Hero
@Jessycaz Do you have the ingredients in the Sims inventory or the fridge ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (532 Views)

★★ Guide

There's sugar in her inventory and in the fridge, strawberries in the fridge.

I tried again just now and she is able to make it. Not sure if it's from saving and exiting a few times or something else. Pretty strange.

Message 7 of 8 (493 Views)

Hero
@Jessycaz Glad you got it fixed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (456 Views)