bb.showhiddenobjects Not working

by hollyrowsell

Original Post

bb.showhiddenobjects Not working

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.23.61.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try using bb.showhiddenobjects and nothing happens. No console confirming it is activated
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing. Box allows me to type bb.showhiddenobjects then it closes but stays on a blank cheat box.
What do you expect to see? Extra items when I go to the magnifying glass but nothing appears. I also do not have any DEBUG items, which is what I also tried. I also expected to see a “Debug” option if I filter an item, this does not show. I get 3 options, none of which are Debug
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Hi all,

I hope you’re well. Sorry, this is my first time posting and first time in roughly 10 years of playing The Sims - the country being on lockdown has it’s benefits!

Anyway, any help gratefully received with the bb.showhiddenobjects

I’ve seen a few threads with it on, but nothing that helped resolve the issue. 

I was expecting to be able to see lots more items than I have by default when using this cheat, but nothing seems to work!

Look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks

Holly

Message 1 of 6 (72,700 Views)

Re: bb.showhiddenobjects Not working

★★★ Expert

@hollyrowsell Did you enable testingcheats before you entered bb.showhiddenobjects in the Cheat Console?

1. Open the Cheat Console and type testingcheats true and hit enter
  2. With the Cheat Console still open, type bb.showhiddenobjects and hit enter
  3. Exit the Cheat Console

In the Search Bar in Buy Mode type debug and click on one of the **DEBUG** results to bring up all of the debug items.

debug.JPG

This should add all sorts of items you would not normally see in Buy Mode but unfortunately I don't think any of the debug items are tagged with any filters or icons.

If you want to unlock Environmental Objects use the cheat bb.showliveeditobjects

For career unlock objects use the cheat bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement. It only works on Buy Mode objects, I don't think it unlocks CAS career outfits Frown

Good luck, I hope this helps! :D

#stayandplay

Message 2 of 6 (72,600 Views)

Hero
@hollyrowsell Moving this to the console forum.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (72,591 Views)

Hero (Retired)
Message 4 of 6 (72,571 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This did not work for me I don’t understand why is it not working
Message 5 of 6 (51,889 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I definitely agree I don’t know if it’s on the Xbox it’s not working