apex legends audio bug

by OWOtoasty420

Original Post

apex legends audio bug

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number amd ryzen 7 2700x CPU. NVIDIA RTX 2070 (gigabyte windforce 8gb oc edition REV 1.0) GPU
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32gb ddr4 (4x8GB) 3200mhz corsair vengeance RGB PRO
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? OWOtoasty420
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? n/a
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? n/a
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. dropping into match
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. dropping into match
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? handful maybe 7?
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) cant really tell for sure its happened a few times.
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? sound cut COMPLETE LOSS OF ALL AUDIO in game and out of game.
What should be happening instead? audio working normally with no issues or sound cuts.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? try and try again? im not really sure it just happened in those instances explained below as best i could. much love thank you so much!

when changing from lobby screens of legend select to game in match instance for dropping into spawns in game, i have had issues where my headset. (corsair void RGB pro with USB dolby digital 7.1 surround dongle) would make a really nice distinct pop and all sound would cut out.. heatset works just fine, built pc in mid february 2019. acquired periphs at same time. would have on first happening assumed that the audio adaptor driver was buggy. so id unplug it at first, the dongle, reseat it. and poof, there goes ALLLLL sound from pc to headset or any audio device. restarting driver processes for audio device didnt reset, literrally ZERO sounds, in game and through windows as well. have had this happen to me a handful of times. only ever in game with a discord call going with my friends who i am squadding with. never in a game without discord open either.

much love thank you for the wonderful service over the years @respawngames for titanfall 1, titanfall2, and now APEX Legends!

hope to experience many more titles with you guys <3

sincerely,

OWOtoasty

Message 1 of 1 (107 Views)