apartment glitch

by millers72011

Original Post

Re: Locked out of other houses after editing them

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict You need the cheat to unlock build-buy on townie lots in the first place, but it's not the cheat code that's broken, it's the build-buy that's broken and causes the lot to reset to the locked state after editing it

+ Is there anything else we can do to bring this issue to attention more? It's been 3 months and it hasn't been fixed in 5 patches and it wasn't included in the list of bugs the devs have recreated and are working on that they shared a few weeks ago. I really don't want this to be another bug that will just be ignored indefinitely as there isn't mass outrage
Message 21 of 42 (864 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Onverser I think that list was probably going by the amount of me too it had. they just shared their top ones. This has a lot less than a lot of other threads in this forum.

They should be aware of the issue but if you want a direct answer, you can try Nick on twitter.

(as a comparison, I think Nick shared about 20-30 ? I got around 1200 on the compiled list currently and this thread isn't in the top 50).

That said, that's of course only an assumption cause there have been fixes for threads with little me toos but it might explain why it wasn't on the list Nick shared

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 42 (861 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@thecharsimsYeah. I've been commenting on all of simgurunicks tweets with the link to this thread for a while now but still nothing :/

Message 23 of 42 (856 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

Just letting you all know this is still on the list of things for the team to look into.

Thank you for your patience.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 24 of 42 (851 Views)

apartment glitch

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Journey to Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Spire Apartments in San Myshuno. Click play household.
What happens when the bug occurs? All furniture, and sims disappear in Spire Apartments when anyone enters, visiting or playing the family that lives in it
What do you expect to see? Being able to use Spire Apartments. Visiting it, playing a family in it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Sims 4 Spire Apartment I recently built is glitched. 

Happened after I used bb.enablefreebuild to replace some burnt objects after a fire broke out. My sim was visiting the Spire apartments in San Myshuno. Then all the furniture and sims disappeared, only the walls and windows were in place. 

I thought maybe my sim got kicked out and didn't think much of it.

Later I went to play with that family that lives in Spire, and it is still stuck like that. Only the walls and windows are there, no sims, no furniture. But, when I go into build mode, it looks as it would normally. Shows where the sims are inside the apartment, shows all the furniture. Go back into play mode, and it's all gone. 

I use basemental and mccc. Tested without them. Issue is still there. Deleting the caches, repairing the game also did not work. 

I have not tried bulldozing yet since I just built it, just wanted to see if there was another fix before I did that.

Message 25 of 42 (892 Views)

Re: apartment glitch

Message 26 of 42 (873 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@SimQARobo Thank you SO MUCH for the message! It's good to know someone is at least occasionally reading these. I'm not holding my breath on a fix, but I appreciate at least reading it!
Message 27 of 42 (805 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@SimQARobo Any updates? It's been 4 months now, many patches and still absolutely nothing from the team on this bug... Very annoying
Message 28 of 42 (700 Views)

★★★ Novice

i'm also getting this issue now in november...

Message 29 of 42 (669 Views)

Anonymous

Got this for the first time today, on my real life birthday Disappointed 

Hopefully next time I remember to take control of the family and go into their own build mode, instead of cheating D:

Message 30 of 42 (651 Views)